Part-Time Paramedic Lab Instructor, Paramedic Program - Massasoit Community College
The Paramedic Lab Instructor provides clinical expertise in all aspects of the Paramedic educational curriculum during practical skills lab sessions. Observing skills, providing feedback and instruction is required. The assistant will create and provide documentation in the cognitive, psychomotor and affective domain.
The Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) accredits the Massasoit Community College Paramedic Program upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Follow CoAEMSP guidelines. Ensure students receive education as described by National Education Standards and scope of practice.
- Observe and follow universal precautions.
- Participate in the implementation, and evaluation of educational programming with a focus on simulation and instructional skills.
- Have working knowledge of, and take care of, simulation equipment and related supplies.
- Maintain organization of classroom set up for class and exam teaching experiences.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required
- Provide feedback including documentation to students and faculty to assess student progress.
- Knowledge of simulation scenarios, instructional labs and didactic teaching.
- Follow Massasoit Community College policies and procedures.
- Knowledgeable in EMS course content.
- Through academic preparation must be capable, trained and experienced to teach assigned topics.
- Establish working relationship with other instructors and students that supports nurtures and encourages the EMS education being provided.
- Team player with excellent communications skills, experienced in teaching excellence and working with diverse populations.
Paramedic Program instructors are part time instructors hired on an as needed basis. Positions may consist of day, evening, or weekend positions and may be in Brockton, Canton, Middleborough, or any other instructional site.
Please note:Â Positions will be available pending sufficient enrollment. Qualified applicants will be contacted by the Paramedic Program staff.
- Associates degree or higher
- Current National Certification.
- Current State of Massachusetts certification at the level of class assigned to teach.
COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: Candidates for employment should be aware that all Community College students, faculty, and staff are required to be fully vaccinated. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status records; details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements will be provided during the hire and onboarding process.
Position Status: Part-time, non-benefited position
Supervisor: Director of the Paramedic Program
Semester:Â Academic Year Spring, Summer and Fall 2023
Hours:Â Approximately 8 hours per week
- May include weekend days
Salary: $ 50.00 per hour
Worksite: Middleborough campus; travel to other instructional sites may be requested
Deadline to Apply:Â Open until Filled
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*