This job has Expired
Financial Aid Specialist
NOTE: CHATTAHOOCHEE VALLEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE OBSERVES EASTERN TIME. ALL TIMES SHOWN ARE EASTERN TIME.
Under the general direction of the Financial Aid Director, the person in this position must be adept at processing financial aid applications, filing and retrieving information, and working with students and their parents. Computer skills are essential to successful completion of assigned tasks, such as preparing correspondence and other written materials.
Salary: Appropriate placement on Salary Schedule E3 05: $35,068-$48,728.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications as indicated on this vacancy notice and must submit a completed online application packet through the online application system by the deadline date in order to be considered for this position. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure his or her application packet is complete. Incomplete application packets will eliminate the possibility of an interview.
A complete application packet consists of the following:
- Online employment application
- Cover letter
- Current resume
- Copies of all college transcripts
Verification of experience (employment) will be required after the interview process and prior to an offer of employment. Letter(s) must come from current and/or former employers, verifying employment experience to meet minimum required qualifications and for appropriate placement on the salary schedule. Letter(s) must include employment dates, employment status, and job title and be on official letterhead with an authorized personnel signature.
Application materials, including transcripts, must provide documentation that the applicant meets all minimum qualifications.
Degrees must be posted on transcripts. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for application; however, official transcripts may be requested by the College prior to extension of an employment agreement to the successful candidate. Incomplete application packets will eliminate the possibility of an interview. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure his or her application packet is complete. Once submitted, all application materials become the property of CVCC. Only applications received during the period of the announcement will be considered. NO PHOTOS, please. Request for copies of application materials, including transcripts, will be denied by the College.
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible, or as negotiated.
Other duties may be assigned by the Director of Financial Aid, her supervisor, or the President.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Perform routine clerical duties to support the administration of the office, including data entry, typing, filing, copying, faxing, scanning, and answering the telephone and email messages.
- Disseminate financial aid information to students and prospective students.
- Assist students during registration and advance registration periods.
- Act as first point of contact for all student inquiries, including in person, phone calls and emails.
- Answer general financial aid questions related to applying for financial aid.
- Assist in the maintenance and storage of all financial aid files, both paper and electronic.
- Scan and enter data for each financial aid student record, ensuring that all information is accurate and complete.
- Maintain data records for department budget, office visits, customer service reports and other department reports.
- Work with small groups (such as student tours) to inform of financial aid availability and the application process.
- Advise students, including Title IV, Scholarship, and Veterans' Affairs (VA) students. Serve as secondary school certifying official for VA student documentation and verification of tuition and fees.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of financial aid programs.
- Assist with the implementation of federal work study benefits and awards.
- Contact prospective work study students and set up interview schedules.
- Order and maintain office supplies.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhere to all policies and procedures set forth by the College.
- Maintain confidentiality of identified sensitive information and of departmental information.
- Remain current in and enhance professional knowledge and skills through professional development and continuing education.
- Interact with and serve diverse student and employee populations in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Adhere to College standards of professionalism and confidentiality, including courteous and friendly interaction with other CVCC employees.
- Maintain appropriate work hours as outlined in State and College policies and assigned by supervisor or dean.
- Recruit potential students, both traditional and nontraditional, to the College, and assist in retention efforts.
- Represent the institution in a positive manner.
- Participate in advance registration, regular registration, and schedule adjustment as assigned.
- Serve on committees as assigned.
- Participate in graduation and other college activities.
- Participate in the Collegeâ€™s planning process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Only applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be considered.
- Associate degree, or the equivalent (60 semester hours), from a regionally accredited institution.
- Two (2) years full-time directly-related work experience.
- Ability to demonstrate computer skills during screening.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and work ethic.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; proficiency in the English language.
- Proficient use of the Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and/or Outlook.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Full-time work experience in financial aid at the postsecondary level.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Federal Student Aid Handbook.
All correspondence with applicants regarding this search process will be sent via e-mail.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications indicated on this vacancy announcement and must submit a complete application packet via the online process by the deadline date in order to be considered. PLEASE DO NOT UPLOAD PHOTOS.
The online application link is found on the employment page of the College's website at
https://www.cv.edu/about/leadership/human-resources/ and https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/accs/chattahoochee
Applicants who fail to submit all required information will be disqualified. Only applications received during the period of this announcement will be considered. The College will not incur the costs of applicants' interview expenses. Applicants desiring reasonable accommodations for the interview are encouraged to request such accommodations when contacted for an interview appointment.
The College reserves the right to fill the position within one year of the stated anticipated starting date or not to fill the position due to budgetary or operational considerations. Further, the College reserves the right to fill more than one position in the same job classification should another vacancy occur during the search process.
All male applicants between the age of 18-26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration.
In accordance with Alabama Community College System policy and guidelines, the applicant selected for employment will be required to sign a consent form and to submit payment for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon receipt of a clearance notification from the criminal background check. In the event a conviction for a felony or any crime involving moral turpitude is found, the procedures established for the Board of Trustees policy concerning criminal background checks will be followed.
Chattahoochee Valley Community College (CVCC) is an active participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) which electronically confirms an employee's eligibility to work in the United States as required by the Department of Homeland Security. Applicants hired by CVCC will be subject to the E-Verify process pursuant to Act. No. 2011-535.
CVCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the official policy of the Alabama Community College System that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. CVCC will make reasonable accommodations for qualified candidates or employees. CVCC reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*