132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 70 New Jobs Today.
Dean of Fine Arts / Executive Director of the Alabama Center for the Arts (ACA)
Full Job Description
- An online application
- Current rÃ©sumÃ©
- Copy of college transcripts (Transcript must confirm applicant meets educational requirements.)
- Work closely with Athens State University administration, faculty, and staff to ensure that classes, performances, and day to day operations are completed at the ACA with excellence.
- Develop and coordinate a plan for the seamless transition of Calhoun students or students of other community colleges to transfer to Athens State to complete their four degree.
- Work closely with area chambers of commerce, economic development authorities, business and industry, and other community leaders to promote economic development particularly as it relates to the ACA.
- Provide effective administration, clear communication, and consistent application of college-wide policies, procedures, and initiatives.
- Provide leadership for developing, assessing and reporting student learning outcomes and program outcomes to improve student success.
- Lead the Division in the institutional and, where applicable, program accreditation processes.
- Promote positive morale and ensure adequate internal/external communication.
- Monitor, assess and incorporate data, market needs and future trends to evaluate program relevancy and develop curriculum to keep programs and training up-to-date with workforce and community needs and advances in technology.
- Monitor enrollment trends among the programs within the division, coordinating recruitment and retention efforts and goals with faculty.
- Monitor, evaluate, and recommend curriculum changes as needed and coordinate curriculum across campuses.
- Provide leadership in the effective use of technology in on-site instruction and delivery of distance learning courses.
- Assess personnel performance and provide professional development opportunities to maintain relevancy and efficiency of faculty and staff.
- Provide leadership to include assisting with recruitment and evaluation of full and adjunct faculty in coordination with appropriate dean/coordinator.
- Ensure timely completion/development, execution, monitoring and submittal of all materials used in academic administration, including but not limited to course syllabi, program outlines and reviews, catalog material, budgets, personnel performance reviews and student information such as grades, attendance rosters, etc.
- Participate in and ensure participation of area personnel in scheduled college-wide activities such as In-Service, Honorâ€™s Day, and Graduation.
- Serve as the chief liaison for the ACA Foundation.
- Coordinate ACA Foundation scholarship awards for Calhoun and Athens State students.
- Assist in developing and implementing plans to secure funding from state, federal, and private sources including government and industry grants and endowments.
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships and partnerships with external stakeholders to promote the College and its programs.
- Teach classes as qualifications allow.
- Maintain or increase competency by seeking new knowledge, improving skills, and updating professional competencies.
- Support the Instructional Deans in the course scheduling process by assisting with the efficient allocation of rooms and facilities.
- Contribute to the goals, objectives, and programs that encourage enrollment growth, student retention, and high-quality instruction.
- Prepare, monitor, and administer operational budgets for the ACA.
- Assess and revise processes and procedures to ensure continuous improvement.
- Ensure compliance with institutional and Alabama Community College System policies and procedures and standards of accrediting bodies.
- Communicate with the administration regularly; serve on the Presidentâ€™s Council, the Planning Council, and other committees as assigned.
- Ensure the â€œOne Collegeâ€ concept.
- Perform all duties with professionalism.
- Perform all other such professional duties as assigned by the President.
- A minimum of a Masterâ€™s Degree from an accredited institution with a major specific to the art field, educational administration, or organizational leadership isÂ required.
- Administrative experience in higher education isÂ required.
- A minimum of five (5) yearsâ€™ experience in the community college setting isÂ required.
Preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate through their experiences and accomplishments.
- Proven effective management and supervisory skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of the business community and the role of the community college in area economic development.
- Proficient computer usage.
- Confidence in decision making and communication skills.
- Superior communication, problem solving, and team-building skills to establish a climate of trust and collegiality.
- Effective decision-making skills to ensure fairness and consistency.
- Demonstrate the understanding of the Collegeâ€™s mission and vision;
- Experience with Ellucian/Banner software system;
- Be highly motivated with the ability to build and maintain relationships both externally and internally.
- Demonstrated experience of successful leadership to include data collection and analysis, strategic planning, developing and measuring student and program outcomes, assessment of personnel and programs and budgeting;
- Demonstrated understanding of and the commitment to the community college philosophy;
- Demonstrated experience with innovative curriculum/program;
- Demonstrated experience in data-based decision-making;
- Demonstrated experience in the use of educational technology;
- Demonstrated commitment to student success;
- Successful recent full-time teaching experience;
- Knowledge of Federal and State policies and regulations;
- Ability to read, interpret and explain policies and procedures;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, other employees, and the public in a pleasant and effective manner;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information;
- Ability to work and communicate with a variety of people from diverse backgrounds including students, parents, college employees, and the public;
- Ability to handle various situations in a calm and professional manner;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize issues;
- Ability to operate in a professional manner at all times;
- Ability to operate in a high pressure situation and respond to issues in a calm manner;
- Conscientious- care about how work is done and wanting to do a good job;
- Initiative- responding to downtime by taking responsibility to do other work;
- A focus on details;
- A focus on being friendly and patient in responding to customer needs;
- Willingness and desire to learn new things and apply that learning;
- Willingness to maintain flexibility in order to meet the needs of the division;
- A positive attitude regardless of circumstances at hand.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications as indicated on this vacancy notice and must submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for this position. Complete application files must be received no later than the application deadline.Â Applicants who fail to submit all required information will be disqualified.Â Only applications received during the period of this announcement will be considered. Applicants must travel at their own expense. Finalist will be required to provide official transcripts that are mailed directly to the Office of Human Resources at Calhoun Community College from the institution(s) granting the credits.
BACKGROUND CHECK STATEMENT:
In accordance with Alabama Community College System Policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form and to submit a non-refundable $24.40 payment for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon the receipt of a clearance notification from the criminal background check.
Calhoun Community College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Alabama Community College System, including all post secondary community and technical colleges under the control of the Alabama Community College System Board of Trustees, that no employee or applicant for employment or promotion, on the basis of any impermissible criterion or characteristic including, without limitation, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, disability, sex, age, or any other protected class as defined by federal and state law, shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. Calhoun Community College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. The college reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding.Â More than one position in the same job classification may be filled from the applicants for this position should another vacancy occur during the search process. Calhoun Community College participates in the E-VerifyÂ system to verify employment eligibility for all newly-hired employees.
Calhoun Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate Degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Calhoun Community College. Specific questionsÂ regarding Calhounâ€™s educational programs, admissions and other matters related specifically to the College should be forwarded directly to the College.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
P.O. Box 2216
Decatur, AL 35609
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*