Full Job Description
The Hospice Social Worker is responsible for assisting patients and families in managing the psychosocial, emotional and resource needs related to end of life issues.
The days and hours for the Social Worker are M-F from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m..
The salary for this position ranges from $24.60 to $31.50 with a sign on bonus. In addition, they receive a monthly cell phone stipend and mileage.
Our office is located in Holland and our service area includes all of Allegan and Ottawa Counties and significant parts of Kent and Muskegon Counties as well as the northern portion of Van Buren County.
Responsibilities of the Social Worker include:
- Completing admission and transfer process with patients and families including explaining hospice services and insurance benefits and completing paperwork as appropriate.
- Providing counseling and education for patients and families regarding psychological, emotional and social aspects of death and dying.
- Assisting patients and families in identifying and utilizing appropriate resources to meet environmental, financial, legal or psychological needs.
- Documenting all patient/family contact and activity in an accurate, professional and timely manner.
Qualifications for the Social Worker include:
- Master’s degree in social work from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education is required, with current Michigan Social Work licensure as a clinical social worker;
- Current Michigan driver’s license and available transportation;
- Sound clinical judgment and ability to work independently;
- Knowledge of and/or experience with end of life care preferred; and
- The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing through concise charting.
The Social Worker position is a full-time position with the following benefits:
- A 401k with match;
- 6 paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Continuing education funds
- Mileage; and
- Cell phone reimbursement.
Hospice of Holland is a non-profit organization deeply committed to providing the best care for hospice patients and their families. The Hospice Social Worker plays a critical role in that mission with Hospice of Holland.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*