132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 70 New Jobs Today.
Associate Executive Director - Full-Time
Associate Executive Director - Full-Time
Full Job Description
We are a diverse community joined together by a shared commitment to nurture the potential of kids, promote healthy living and foster social responsibility.
With more than 60,000 members across Chester County, our programs and facilities are always based on the unique needs and interests of the communities we serve. In addition, our volunteers, staff, members and donors are all united by a deep commitment to continually strengthen Chester County.
Job Title: Associate Executive Director - Full-Time
Branch: Kennett Area YMCA
Location: Kennett Square, PA
Shifts/Availability: Various Shifts
Salary: $65,000 - $75,000/year
About the YMCA of Greater Brandywine:
The YMCA of Greater Brandywine (YGBW), an association of eight YMCAs serving Chester County, is a non-profit organization committed to nurturing the potential of every child, promoting healthy living and fostering social responsibility through life-changing programs for all.
Oversees assigned areas of the Kennett Area YMCA, which may include childcare, aquatics, programs, and/or wellness. Participates in volunteer and staff development, financial development, community relations and collaborations with community agencies. Provides leadership to committee(s) and advisory board.
- Establishes with the branch leadership team long range plans for the expansion of programs and services, in harmony with overall YMCA objectives.
- Provides staff support for assigned committees. Provides staff leadership for annual support campaign.
- Represents and promotes the YMCA in the local community and develops positive working relationships with other organizations, businesses, and governmental entities. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community agencies in service delivery area.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops and directs employees and volunteers.
- Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Develops, manages, and monitors assigned operating budgets to meet or exceed targets.
- Recommends adjustments to the budget to assure a balanced operation and submits reports on current operations.
- Develops and directs high quality member engagement strategies and programs which support branch and Association mission, goals, and strategies. May direct branch marketing and communication efforts.
- May ensure the maintenance of facilities and properties of the branch to assure high standards of maintenance, safety, cleanliness and to assure that the requirements of regulatory codes are met.
- Serves as a member of YMCA management and supports the overall objectives of the YMCA.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience required
- At least seven years of program management experience preferably at a YMCA.
- Five or more years of management experience, preferably in a YMCA or other not-for-profit agency
- Ability to direct programs through supervision of volunteers and staff, development and monitoring of budgets, marketing and public relations, program development and fundraising
- Preferred knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations required
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations
- YMCA Multi-Team Leader certification required
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English
- Obtain and maintain all new hire certifications and trainings within 90 days of hire
The YMCA of Greater Brandywine currently offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a free YMCA family membership, medical and dental insurance along with a 12% employer contribution to the retirement savings plan. Program discounts on YMCA of Greater Brandywine programs, camps, childcare, and continuing education classes at Immaculata University.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY - The YMCA of the Greater Brandywine considers candidates for all positions on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, genetic information, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or other protected classification and in accordance with applicable federal, state & local laws.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*