Post Doctoral Research Associate- Center for Transportation (Nashville, TN) - 23000000FP
Post Doctoral Research Associate
Center for Transportation Research
University of Tennessee Knoxville
Location: Nashville, TN
- Assist team lead for Transportation Modeling and Planning work of considerable difficulty; and performs related work as required.
- Will assist team lead responsible for transportation modeling and planning duties. May be assigned to work in any area of transportation modeling or planning and may participate in the varied development, monitoring, and coordination of transportation modeling or planning projects. This role requires considerable knowledge of and experience with the principles, methods, and practices of 4-Step travel demand models.
- Oversee TN Statewide Travel Demand Model
- Conduct quality checks of TN Statewide Travel Demand Model input data and identify errors in the data.
- Assess proprietary data and document all data related issues including errors, potential improvements, and required revisions in order to send to its vendor.
- Conduct QA/QC for the model network. Collect all issues and prepare a review report.
- Conduct QA/QC for the model Traffic Analysis Zone. Collect all issues and prepare a review report. Assist in updating the Traffic Analysis Zone data.
- Validate all processes and outputs of each step of the statewide travel demand model. Document validation results and required calibration.
- Assist in internal validation and calibration tasks and prepare a validation/calibration report.
- MPO Travel Demand Model Review
- Responsible for the review of regional travel demand models
- Conduct review of MPO travel demand model as requested.
- Prepare a review report to send to MPO and its consultant.
- Requires a PhD in Geography or a related field.
Mar 1, 2023, 9:36:47 AM
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*