This job has Expired
Computer Information Systems (Computer network installation, microcomputer technology, computer applications) Adjunct Assistant Professor Pool
Job Posting TitleComputer Information Systems (Computer network installation, microcomputer technology, computer applications) Adjunct Assistant Professor Pool
LocationLos Rios Community College District (All Campuses/Locations)
Temporary Position CategoryAdjunct Faculty
The Los Rios Community College District is the second-largest, two-year public college district in California, serving approximately 75,000 students in the greater Sacramento region. The District’s 2,400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties and is comprised of four uniquely diverse colleges – American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake, and Sacramento City colleges. In addition to each college’s main campus, the District offers educational centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk Grove, Natomas, and Rancho Cordova.
The Los Rios District Office is centrally located in the heart of the Sacramento valley. The growing Capital Region has strong communities and emergent arts and dining scenes, and is nearby some of the most celebrated tourist destinations in the country – Lake Tahoe, Napa Valley, and San Francisco. The Sacramento area is a great place to live and work.
The District has approximately 6,000 employees throughout our four colleges and District Office complex. The District Office is centrally located between all four colleges and provides welcoming, inclusive, and equitable environments for Los Rios students, employees, and our community partners. Our departments strive for the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities, and are focused on advancing the learning of our diverse student population through improved academic and social outcomes.
Our Colleges offer equity-minded, academically rigorous, student success centered education. Our objective is to help our students successfully achieve their academic goals, whether they want to transfer to a four-year college or university, earn an associate degree, or obtain one of more than 100 certificates in high demand career fields.
Applicants in this pool will remain active for two years. After two years applicants will receive an email with information on how to remain in the pool.
SalarySalary placement determined by Los Rios Salary procedures. LRCCD Salary Schedules (live link - LRCCD Salary Schedules
Additional Salary InformationInitial annual salary within a given range varies, depending upon units/degrees completed at accredited colleges/universities and experience. Candidates not holding the minimum degree requirement may start at a salary lower than posted above.
- Have any bachelor’s degree or higher and two years of professional experience, or any associate degree and six years of professional experience, OR, hold a California Community College Instructor’s Credential in the discipline area; OR, the equivalent.* All degrees must be from an accredited institution.
- Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
- Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation and/or professional experience is the equivalent of the degrees/minimum qualifications listed above.
- If your degree title differs from the minimum qualifications listed above, you are requested to submit this equivalency statement. Please visit our website for information on, and a sample letter for, the equivalency process.
- Los Rios Community College District Faculty Application
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial transcripts of college/university work
- Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified.
- Applicants indicating “see resume” on the application will not have that referenced experience
- considered for minimum qualifications, which may lead to the application being disqualified. Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts.·
- Applicants, including current Los Rios Community College District employees, are required to provide unofficial transcripts, if required to meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
- Applicants are required to submit official transcripts within 60 days of the time of hire.
- Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees, and other relevant documents.
- A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
- Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. For additional information on foreign transcript evaluations click here.
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
Beginning On (or About)
How and where to apply
For the latest information on Los Rios Community College’s COVID-19 protocol, please visit COVID-19 Updates.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*