This job has Expired
Job Posting 022423 – Position: Full-Time Associate Director of Stewardship and Donor Relations – Development
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Application Method: Submit applications through online recruitment portals
www.higheredjobs.com, www.jobs.philanthropy.com, www.linkedin.com
Posting live: 03.02.2023 10:00 AM
Job Posting Status: Open
Organization Kean University Foundation, Inc.
Job Posting Information
Term Reviewed Every Fiscal Year
Job Type Full-time Employment
Job Title Associate Director of Stewardship and Donor Relations
Job Location Roselle Park, NJ
Salary Between $60,000 - $70,000 depending on experience
Job Category Development
The Associate Director of Stewardship & Donor Relations is responsible for designing, implementing, and directing an integrated and comprehensive donor relations and stewardship program that appropriately and consistently promotes interaction and connection with and recognition of donors at all levels. The Associate Director is forward-thinking, innovative and energetic professional with proven success in donor engagement and stewardship, capable of developing and orchestrating the implementation of a multi-year plan to advance institutional efforts.
The Associate Director of Stewardship & Donor Engagement reports to the Chief Operating Officer of the Foundation. The Associate Director works closely with the other Directors at the Foundation, Philanthropy Officers, the President’s office, Deans and where appropriate, academic/administrative department heads.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage the donor relations/stewardship program whose components include use of gifts, recognition, events, gift agreements, management of information, and privacy compliance.
- Collaborate with other departments to create strategies for developing donor relations/stewardship standards across campus for the purpose of creating an energetic and enthusiastic culture of philanthropy.
- Partner with leadership, annual, and planned giving officers to identify top 200 stewardship prospects.
- Proactively support gift officers in design and execution of annual and multi-year stewardship plans for donors and top prospects.
- Manage activities including, but not limited to, annual reporting of restricted endowed funds and annual gifts, scholarship matching, acknowledgements from senior leadership, and dedications, among other responsibilities.
- With the Director of Data Management and Analytics, develop the process to document and track stewardship action for individuals in RaisersEdge.
- Annually review existing donor recognition societies and associated events to maximize impact and effectiveness.
- Collaborate and work on other events as necessary for the Foundation and University.
- Ensure gift acknowledgement processes remain relevant and are fulfilled.
- Determine best way institutionally to honor and recognize donor giving on an annual basis, i.e. publish/email annual honor roll; develop year-end fiscal summary report.
- Address donor questions and concerns related to fund administration and beneficiaries, gift acknowledgments, and report requirements.
- Facilitate the production of seminal donor communications.
- Strategic and detailed planner who understands the role of advancement in a higher education environment.
- Proactive, able to prioritize work to maximize department resources.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Contribute ideas and process improvements using available resources.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to develop and maintain solid and effective working relationships with internal and external constituents.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in direct and varied areas of stewardship, development or alumni relations, preferably in a higher education, non-profit setting.
- Experience working with volunteers and donors.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Power Point, Microsoft 365, and advanced Excel), Adobe Acrobat, RaisersEdge.
- Occasional night and weekend work is required
Send your application to : firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*