132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 70 New Jobs Today.
Executive Vice President of Strategy and Impact
Full Job Description
Executive VP of Strategy and Impact
Starfall Education Foundation
San Diego, California
Opportunity to make a difference in the world!
Starfall seeks an experienced strategic leader with analytic ability. Starfall is well known internationally for its educational website and Apps for elementary school children. This is a unique opportunity to make a social impact by enabling children to have fun as they learn. You will report directly to the Chairmen of the Board.
- You must have management experience in areas related to Starfall, such as e-marketing, e- education, technical, financial, and management.
- You must have a deep interest in helping children learn through technology and the ability to empathize with their emotional and educational experiences.
- You must be a proven leader who responds to challenges with an entrepreneurial spirit and a successful track record to execute programs and inspire others.
- You must have the ability to develop strategic goals and follow through with their implementation.
- You must have a 4-year college degree and a graduate degree in finance, business management, mathematics, or a technical field.
- Analytical skills are required.
- Contribute to the leadership and overall management of Starfall, including strategic direction, content development, technology, operations, and financial and organization development.
- Support an experienced staff of 30+ that includes educators, content developers, customer service, accounting, and software engineers.
- Communicate the vision of Starfall throughout the organization and translate it into realistic, actionable strategic plans
- Mentor and train staff. Guide staff to be mentors – establishing a culture of shared experience.
- Identify and take action to address technological and other industry challenges and opportunities.
- Ensure a balance between sufficient revenue to maintain operations and expand content while providing free and low-cost services.
Starfall specializes in free and low-cost resources whereby children have fun learning through exploration while gaining self-confidence. It was established over 20 years ago as a social enterprise by Stephen Schutz, who struggled to learn to read as a child. In 2015, Starfall Education Foundation became a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization and is currently self-supporting from home and school membership fees. It has a billion completed educational activities each year.
The salary for this position is $140K - $170K plus a 5% company contribution to 401(k) and a 1% matching contribution, as well as comprehensive health insurance and other benefits.
You will be located at Starfall’s executive offices in San Diego, California, with occasional travel to our office in Boulder, Colorado.
How to Apply:
Please submit a detailed letter of introduction explaining how your background fits this position and describe your vision for Starfall in the future. Applications will only be reviewed with the letter.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $140,000.00 - $170,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- San Diego, CA 92111: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in San Diego, CA 92111
- Health insurance
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*