Research Technician-Antibody and CAR-T Production & Characterizing
- Job ID:
- 450 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215
- Research Laboratory
- Employment Type:
- Full time
- Work Location:
- Onsite:Up to 1 day remote/wk
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is seeking a research technician to join IMPACT, a new pre-clinical research group with the mission to streamline “discovery to translation” of antibody-based immunotherapies for cancer. The IMPACT team will work closely with DFCI PIs as well as external antibody discovery partners to develop and implement the production and functional screening of antibody ‘hits’ as well as the engineering of hits to generate potential therapeutic bispecifics and CAR T-cell immunotherapies. The candidate should be motivated to learn and execute workflows for producing and characterizing the function of candidate antibodies and CAR T-cell therapies.
The Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world-renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allied in the common mission of conquering cancer. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to all patients; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow’s physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
- Execute basic biochemical, molecular and/or cell biology skills in order to contribute towards ongoing research efforts
- Assist in the transient transfection, production, purification and binding/functional characterization of monospecific and multispecific antibodies.
- Execute optimized workflows for producing and functionally screening CARs to identify leads for clinical translation.
- Analyze experimental data, interpret data and summarize findings in both formal (i.e. internal lab meetings) or informal (i.e. one-on-one meetings) settings.
- Participate in the grant application or manuscript preparation process as required
- Maintain detailed electronic notebook of all work-related activities
- Provide intellectual and interactive commitment to the position by staying abreast of appropriate literature and research publications
- Set up, adjust, calibrate, clean, maintain and troubleshoot equipment
- Clean, maintain and prepare supplies and work areas and may be responsible for ordering of supplies.
- Responsible for the modification and/or improvement of standard operating procedures
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (i.e. Biology, Bioengineering or Chemical Engineering, etc.) with experience in laboratory workflows in molecular or cell biology.
- Ability to make a minimum 2-year commitment to the group
- Basic knowledge of information and techniques related to biology or chemistry
- Exceptionally self-motivated.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and troubleshooting skills as well as an ability to work with a wide variety of collaborators.
- Outstanding planning, organizational, multi-tasking skills.
- Must consider attention to detail a strength.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced team environment.
Only applicants that submit a cover letter and a detailed CV will be considered. Following a pre-screen interview, candidate will be requested to provide the contact information for three references as well.
At Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an innovative, caring, and inclusive environment where every patient, family, and staff member feels they belong. As relentless as we are in our mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are equally committed to diversifying our faculty and staff. Cancer knows no boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated and diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*