Humanities Coordinator - 12 Month Faculty
The Humanities Coordinator manages all aspects of course administration for philosophy, history, languages, and upper-level English under the direction of the School of Professional Studies and University Transfer. This is a 12-month faculty position. The position is responsible for administrative tasks and an instructional load.
This position is located at the main campus, but may report to all Blue Ridge CTC locations as required to meet the needs of the position. This position will include managing a virtual office as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversight and management of the above subjects in the Humanities, including but not limited to
- Review of annual course schedules
- Selection of course textbooks and instructional materials
- Selection, support, and evaluation of part-time faculty teaching Humanities courses
- Assessment of student learning
- Academic advisement of students in majors within the school
- Participation in institutional faculty committees
- Completion of all required training and development activities
- Participate in recognition and enrollment/admissions events to support student and faculty engagement
- Instruction of 24 credit hours annually
- Masterâ€™s degree or higher in any social sciences or humanities-related field from an accredited institution.
- Teaching and/or Training Experience 1-3 years
- Project Coordination Experience 1-2 years
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and to relate to others in a professional, helpful manner.
- Excellent teamwork skills: skilled at collaborating with all areas of the College in a positive manner that supports diversity and a respectful workplace.
- Proficiency in research, interpreting, and analyzing diverse data; knowledge of how to enter, monitor, and interpret student data accurately.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in an environment of rapid growth and change. Ability to work independently with minimal clerical support.
- Knowledgeable in use of Word and Excel.
- Understanding of the organization of public higher education systems.
- Attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with faculty and administrators.
All faculty positions are lecturer rank with temporary classification at entry.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*