This job has Expired
Director of Marketing and Communications
This position is responsible for visionary leadership within the collegeâ€™s enrollment management strategy and the institutionâ€™s strategic plan; and, will help implement digital content, effective messaging, and comprehensive marketing plans to achieve measurable results. This position requires the ability to implement marketing techniques that are effective in both traditional mediums and emerging technologies; and, will manage a small team of professionals and consultants while meeting the expectations of internal and external stakeholders. These duties include providing leadership in all areas of marketing, advertising, public relations, social media and communications.
On-site position in Fremont, OH
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads and executes strategic integrated marketing, advertising, and digital campaigns that lead to increased enrollment and brand awareness.
- Develops, creates, and implements data-driven marketing strategies with clear key performance indicators and analysis to ensure maximum return on investment (ROI) is achieved.
- Implement integrated campaign cycles to ensuring timelines align to milestones within enrollment cycles, fundraising and brand awareness campaigns.
- Serves as subject matter expert for campaigns, including search engine marketing (SEM) and emerging technologies, oversees budgets and collaborates with team members to drive traffic and customers, and maximize return on investment (ROI).
- Develops and manages campaigns that expand the generation of leads and conversion rates.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with external vendors, media, and both educational and corporate partners. Works with other higher education providers to market higher education throughout the region.
- Leads the department operations and provides supervision and training to marketing team; assigns projects for efficient workflow and quality output of all advertising, social media, digital content, and video/photography.
- Utilizes creative strategies to operate within allocated budgets; manages requests for proposals and requests for quotes; and facilitates documentation associated with other division/department budgets across campus.
- Serves as website administrator in coordination with the Manager of Information Technology.
- Maintains current knowledge of field and profession. Attends training workshops, conferences, meetings, and professional association events outside of college locations as needed.
- Develops and maintains positive relations with the internal and external community to promote College partnerships and collaboration, including serving as primary contact with internal departments to proactively advance projects and relevant messaging.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience executing complex marketing campaigns that achieve results
- Strong technical knowledge of campaign setup and measurement, e.g., pixel management, Google Tag Manager, Analytics, Ads, and Data Studio
- Demonstrated ability to mentor a team of direct reports and collaborate with other departments
- Solid understanding of SEO, front-end web management, and marketing automation
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and manage in a dynamic, changing environment.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
- Must possess confidentiality and good judgment skills along with independent and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience with basic hypertext markup language (HTML)
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations, business administration, or related field of study is required; masterâ€™s degree is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in progressively responsible roles; 3+ years directly managing a team of marketing, public relations or communications professionals is preferred.
- Experience in higher education is preferred.
Terra State Community College provides a comprehensive benefit program. This includes medical, prescription drug coverage, dental, flexible spending accounts (medical & dependent care), life insurance, retirement plans, employee assistance program, and tuition fee waivers for employees and their eligible dependents. We also provide paid time off, a flexible work option, and paid holidays.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*