This job has Expired
Long Classification TitleELECTRICIAN
DepartmentKSC Facilities Electrical
Summary of Position
Acceptable minimum level of educationHS or equivalent
Acceptable minimum years of experience2 years
Additional Job Information
• Letter of application addressing the above responsibilities
• Contact information for three professional (3) references
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled or otherwise closed at the College’s discretion.
Other minimum qualifications
- State of NH journeyman electrical license.
- Knowledge of applicable electric codes.
- Knowledge of methods, tools and hazards of the trade.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, electrical schematic diagrams and wire circuit drawings.
- Ability to compute voltage amperage and resistance factors using simple algebraic formulas.
- Ability to inspect equipment, determine malfunction and make necessary repairs.
- Sufficient strength and physical dexterity to perform duties and responsibilities of this job, including heavy work with exposure to inclement weather conditions for prolonged periods of time.
- Post-offer, pre-employment physical exam required.
- Must be able to wear and use appropriate personal protective equipment as necessary.
- Valid motor vehicle operator’s license and a safe driving record.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- State of NH master electrical license.
- Additionally, the College has identified desirable qualifications that support our commitment to creating and maintaining a diverse campus community including the ability to speak a second language or to bring a multicultural perspective to the campus.
Quicklink for Postinghttps://jobs.usnh.edu/postings/54259
Percent Time Information (FTE)1.0
The University System of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer. The University System is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our campus communities and encourages applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this mission. The University System prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or marital status.
Open Until FilledYes
Posting Open to Internal Candidates Only?No
Interested Internal Candidates Exist?No
Job CategoryHourly Staff (Non-Exempt)
Drivers License and Physical Requirements. Please check all items that apply.Valid Drivers License and Safe Driving Record
- provide access to work spaces and assist as necessary
Maintain paperwork, emails, invoicing for purchases to track credits (i.e. rebates, incentives) pertaining to upgrades, purchases, and building assignments
Order and pick up supplies
-troubleshoot general panel trouble and map fault issues and make appropriate repairs or tell supervisor/call contracted vendor to initiate a service call.
Perform other duties as assigned.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*