This job has Expired
Instructional Technology Specialist (Program Specialist 3)
Job Summary/Basic Function:
As part of the Center for Transformative Teaching (CTT), the Instructional Technology Specialist provides technical support and customer service for the institutional learning management system (LMS) to students, staff, and faculty, in person, over the phone, and electronically. In collaboration with the eLearning team, the Specialist trains faculty, students, and staff individually or in groups on available educational technology.
- Provides technical support for faculty, students, and staff in use of the LMS and other learning technologies, including email, phone, and in-person support.
- Collaborates with the Director to support and grow initiatives to implement services supporting online students, including underserved populations.
- Engages in outreach, orientation and ongoing communication with students. Maintains and updates student facing websites and LMS training modules.
- Provides guidance to faculty and staff around use of accessible educational technology.
- Designs and delivers classroom presentations related to LMS use as well as other digital technologies.
- Collaborates with the Center for Transformative Teaching team in support of faculty professional development.
- Creates and updates documentation about eLearning-supported tools.
- Participates in professional development as related to eLearning and educational technologies.
- Collaborates with other groups and departments on campus around technology and serving the campus community
- Keeps up-to-date with changes to eLearning support software
- Supports the day-to-day operations of the eLeaning Department and CTT
- Completes quarterly requests submitted by faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Communicates with the campus community as directed.
- Collects, manages, and communicates with faculty and administration around the quarterly syllabi collection process.
- Assists faculty and administration with travel needs and arrangements related to the Faculty Development Budget for the Center for Transformative Teaching.
- Manages and processes stipends for eLearning training.
- Supports hyflex courses as needed.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Customer service-focused technical support: ability to work with students, faculty, and staff with varying levels of technical experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively problem solve, including the ability to assess and respond to the needs of diverse students and faculty
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Experience using the Canvas Learning Management System or other learning management systems, as a student, instructor, or technician
- Familiarity with a variety of Microsoft Office and Google applications, such as Word, Excel, Google Documents, Google Calendar, etc.
- Experience using lecture-capture and/or video-conferencing software
- Demonstrated ability to independently research and learn computer programs and/or educational technology
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage competing priorities and time-sensitive requests
- Demonstrated ability to interact with diverse populations and to effectively and respectfully function and communicate within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities, and cultural backgrounds.
- Associate or Bachelors degree
- Demonstrated understanding of accessibility standards and practices for educational materials
- Experience supporting the use of educational, collaboration, and creative software (such as Zoom and Panopto)
- Experience working in an educational setting
Everett Community College follows the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) and provides the following information as a guideline for applicants:
- Ability to operate office equipment
- Ability to read and verify data and prepare various materials
- Ability to exchange information on the phone or in person
Work Hours: Full time, Monday through Friday. Summer schedule is Monday through Thursday.
Posting Date: 02/23/2023
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
With equity at the heart of our strategic plan, we strive for a future at EvCC where all staff, faculty, and students are valued, welcomed, and actively supported. We are committed to hiring individuals who exemplify the vision, mission and core values of our institution. We are committed to hiring individuals who exemplify the vision, mission and core values of our institution.Everett Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or age. Reasonable accommodation is provided in all aspects of employment, including the application process, consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act and state law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-388-9229. For more information see: EvCC3020: Americans with Disabilities Act policy This position is represented by the Washington Federation of State Employees Union.
This position is eligible for State of Washington Public Employee Benefits, including Medical/Vision, Dental, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability Insurance. Paid vacation, sick leave, and personal days. State of Washington PERS retirement plans are administered by Dept. of Retirement Systems. Full details on benefits for Classified positions is available on our jobs page.
Notice to ApplicantsPrior to hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicants suitability and competence to perform in the position. Drug-Free CampusIn compliance with federal and state regulations, EvCC is committed to a safe and drug-free campus. Employees are required to comply with EvCCs policy prohibiting illegal drug use or activity, including notification of criminal drug convictions and the use of prescription drugs or over-the-counter medications that are likely to affect job safety. The complete policy is available at the EvCC Policies page. If you would like a printed copy of the policy, or if you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Department at 425-388-9229.
Safety and SecurityEvCC strives to be a safe, secure and prepared campus for our students, staff and community. Detailed information regarding campus security, crime statistics for the most recent three year period, and other information is available on the Campus Safety, Security and Emergency Management page.This information is required by law and is provided by the EvCC Security Department. If you would like a printed copy of this information, you may contact the Security Department at (425) 388-9990.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*