This job has Expired
Adjunct Instructor, Department of Accounting
You are invited to submit an application to be included in the general pool of candidates from which qualified faculty roles will be filled. The number of positions varies depending on the needs of the department and there is no guarantee that an open position currently exists. Appointments are renewed based on departmental need and teaching performance. Classes may be day or evening. Rank and compensation are based on experience and academic credentials.
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion.
As part of a thriving top-25 research university in a city with six Fortune 500 companies, the Lindner College of Business delivers academic excellence with an emphasis on experiential learning in a multi-disciplinary environment, adding real-world value to students and the communities they serve. The college enrolls undergraduate students and graduate students. We provide them with unique opportunities to build professional experience, cultural competency and leadership skills through co-operative education, internships, field-study research and cross-disciplinary studios. In living and breathing this promise every day, we provide an education students can’t get anywhere else.
Learn more about us at https://business.uc.edu/.
The Carl H. Lindner College of Business, Department of Accounting, is accepting applications for one or more term adjunct (part-time) faculty. This includes teaching undergraduate and/or graduate courses. The Department is using this position announcement to build a pool of qualified instructors to fill teaching needs as they arise going forward, not hiring for a specific course or semester.
- On a part-time basis, conduct and teach assigned undergraduate and/or graduate-level courses and seminars.
- May serve as an academic adviser for students and evaluate student coursework.
- Engage in other activities ancillary to or in support of his or her responsibilities.
- Review, and where necessary, respond in a timely manner to all University-related communications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present complex material to students unfamiliar with a subject.
- Ability to work and collaborate with individuals from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
Master's Degree or higher in Accounting or related field.
Apply online and upload the following:
- Upload your CV/Resume.
- Upload a cover letter that includes a statement of your teaching philosophy, and describes the course(s) you feel qualified to teach and how your experience supports that/those course(s).
- For all faculty hires official academic transcripts will be required at the time of hire.
- Please use the Additional Documents option as needed for these items.
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*