This job has Expired
Full Job Description
About Channel One Regional Food Bank
Channel One Regional Food Bank is a non-profit organization dedicated to strengthening food access and building healthy communities. Our vision is that every community in our 14-county region is food secure and we achieve that vision by creating an inclusive culture that welcomes and respects the diversity of our employees, volunteers, and the people we serve, and honors the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals.
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for recruiting, orientating, placing, and tracking volunteers that support the work of the organization. As the Volunteer Coordinator, you will work with department heads to assess the need for volunteers and develop appropriate training materials and job descriptions for volunteer assignments. You will track and report volunteer hours and numbers through Galaxy Digital software, and will work with the Development and Communications Team to build and foster relationships with businesses, schools, religious and other community organizations to publicize the important role of volunteers and aid in recruitment efforts.
- Develop and implement goals and objectives for the volunteer program which reflect the mission of the organization.
- Work with department heads to assess the need for volunteers to enhance program/service delivery.
- Recruit and schedule volunteers to meet organization and program needs and community events as needed.
- Provide orientation to all new volunteers on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Build and foster relationships with businesses, schools, religious and other community organizations to publicize the role of volunteers and to aid in recruitment efforts.
- Ensure that volunteer check-in procedures are followed, and records of volunteer hours are maintained according to established procedures.
- Fully utilize Galaxy Digital software capabilities to track and enhance volunteer interactions in order to deepen and foster volunteer relationships.
- Provide frequent and regular feedback to work supervisors and/or department heads regarding the status of recruitment efforts for individual requests, as well as follow-up on scheduled groups.
- Assist work supervisors and/or department heads, if needed, in creation of appropriate volunteer training curriculum/materials and job descriptions.
- Prepare and submit reports an/ provide information and statiscal data as required.
- Develop and prepare written materials to promote volunteer opportunities at Channel One in cooperation with the Marketing & Communications Manager.
- Create and present information at area schools, businesses, service and civic organizations, and religious organizations to educate the community about hunger, volunteer opportunities and the work of Channel One as directed by the Development and Communications Director.
- Provide facility tours to community groups and individuals as needed.
Education and Qualifications
Bachelors degree in marketing, communications, or related field or equivalent in relevant experience required.
- Volunteer management and/or supervisory experience
- Nonprofit human service experience a plus
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse people
- Excellent verbal, public speaking, presentation, and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of databases, MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Google Docs
- Willing and able to work occasional evenings and/or weekends as needed
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build and foster positive relationships
- Well-disciplined self-starter, able to manage multiple projects and achieve goals
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Bachelor's (Required)
- volunteer management or supervisory: 1 year (Preferred)
- nonprofit human service: 1 year (Preferred)
- MS Office, Google Docs and database: 1 year (Required)
- Driver's License and clean driving record (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
- Health insurance
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*