Postdoctoral Research Fellow, IPSEN, Commercial Operations-2
About the Opportunity
The Northeastern University Fellowship Program provides a dynamic academic environment offering fellows the opportunity for a wide breadth of experiences:
- Develop teaching skills through participation in our Teaching and Learning Seminar series
- Facilitate small and large group didactic education in partnership with a faculty mentor
- Utilize a layered learning model in experiential education by co-precepting students on pharmacy practice experiences including Northeastern’s unique co-op program
- Create, present, and publish scholarly research through collaborative industry and university relationships
- Engage with faculty who participate in various interdisciplinary graduate programs including biotechnology, nanomedicine, immunology, health informatics, and drug discovery
- Network with area residents and other Northeastern fellows via professional development programs, teaching seminars, and participation on fellowship committees
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is launching a 2-year post-PharmD fellowship in Commercial Operations in collaboration with Northeastern University, School of Pharmacy.
Ipsen is a global, biopharmaceutical group focused on innovation and specialty care. The group develops and commercializes innovative medicines in three key therapeutic areas – Oncology, Neuroscience and Rare Diseases. Our presence in North America dates back to 1976, and now includes Ipsen’s third global hub right in the heart of the leading global biotech ecosystem in Cambridge, Mass., where a fully integrated biopharmaceutical team across External Innovation and Partnering, R&D, Manufacturing and Commercial operations collaborates. With Ipsen’s expansion of its footprint in Cambridge, and new North America headquarters in Kendall Square, the group is building a sustainable innovation engine within the biotech community.
This two-year Fellowship Program in collaboration with Northeastern University and Ipsen is designed to provide Doctor of Pharmacy graduates an opportunity to gain in-depth experience in the biopharmaceutical industry within Ipsen’s Oncology Commercial teams. At Ipsen, we have a clear mission: to improve patients’ lives. We are a dynamic and growing global biopharmaceutical leader focused on innovation and specialty care, with a focus on 3 core areas: oncology, neuroscience, and rare diseases.
Areas of Focus for the PharmD Fellowship Program include:
- Sales and Marketing
- Promotional Materials development
- Commercial strategy and brand planning
- Congress and meeting Management
Other cross-functional experiences as discussed per candidate aspirations will be possible.
The program consists of a 2-years rotation through the therapeutic areas with 6-month rotations through the different areas of marketing, sales, multichannels . The PharmD Fellow also participates in the Northeastern University seminars/events/teaching opportunities. The fellow will work on-site at Ipsen in Cambridge, MA, and at Northeastern offices on campus.
Responsibilities - About the role:
- Understand various roles, processes and industry standards involved in the Commercial areas at Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Understand the process of developing marketing tools and assist in their development
- Contribute to the approval of internal promotional materials
- Be an active contributor to the team to develop/launch commercial strategy within the oncology marketing teams
- Work closely with commercial teams to manage national and regional congresses
- Support implementation of tactical sales and marketing plans
- Work closely with sales team to track progress of execution of marketing plan
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (regulatory, medical, marketing, sales, legal, access) to support development of the brand strategy and its implementation
- Gain experience and skills to understand how to leverage analytics to build a strategy and champion it
- Support development of training materials
Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an ACPE accredited institution, eligible for licensure as a pharmacist in the State of Massachusetts.
Excellent oral and written communication, time management, and leadership skills, ability to work independently and take initiative on a variety of projects at Ipsen and Northeastern.
Applicants should submit the following APPLICATION MATERIALS by the priority deadline of October 31st , 2022:
- Curriculum vitae (CV), uploaded
- Unofficial PharmD transcripts, uploaded
- Cover letter, uploaded
Three formal letters of recommendation (LORs) sent directly from the letter writer to PharmDFellowships@northeastern.edu by November 28th 2022. LOR writers should include the candidate’s name and fellowship program(s) in the subject line (e.g. Smith, John – IPSEN).
Address cover letter and three LORs to:
J. Andrew Orr-Skirvin, PharmD, BCOP
Clinical Professor, School of Pharmacy
Chair, Department of Pharmacy & Health System Sciences
Director of Pharmaceutical Industry Fellowship Program
360 Huntington Ave, 140TF R218
Boston, MA 02115
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as well as commuting & transportation. Visit https://hr.northeastern.edu/benefits/ for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University’s commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity .
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*