This job has Expired
PT Faculty Pool--Physical Education 
Under general supervision, works collaboratively to provide instruction in PHYSICAL EDUCATION, and related instruction for lower division students. (Classes covered in this category are YOGA, TENNIS, VOLLEYBALL, WEIGHT LIFTING and related community education courses.).
- Design and implement instructional activities in PHYSICAL EDUCATION and related instruction in classroom and field settings, using sound instructional delivery techniques and at times which meet the needs of students and supporting agencies (e.g., on-line, day, evening, weekends).
- Works with faculty colleagues to develop, implement, evaluate, and periodically review and revise the organizing framework, learning outcomes, and curriculum of the PHYSICAL EDUCATION subject area.
- Evaluate student achievement of identified learning objectives and outcomes, assign grades according to policies.
- Provide for student evaluations of teaching and learning effectiveness.
- Maintains professional competence and job qualifications.
1. Possess a Master's degree in the primary subject area taught
2. Possess a Master's degree in another subject area and 30 graduate quarter credits in the primary subject area taught; OR
3. Possess a minimum of 24 graduate quarter credits towards a Master's degree in the primary subject area and demonstrate evidence of progress towards a Master's degree.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of current issues and trends in the subject area.
- Knowledge of instructional methods appropriate to student achievement of outcomes in the subject area courses.
- Interpersonal communication skills to successfully relate to staff, students, and the public
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Skill in computer operations including word processing applications.
- Skill in promoting critical thinking in a variety of educational settings.
- Ability to develop valid and reliable student achievement assessments
- Demonstrated experience in team approaches to problem solving
- Ability to manage time, prioritize tasks, and organize work to complete assigned duties
- At a minimum, it is required of every employee to be able to: use a computer terminal to log in to e-mail; read and create e-mail messages; access the intranet system to find and complete forms and read institutional documents; access the internet and the College's web site; use the calendaring function of the College's e-mail system; and utilize department specific data entry and/or work order software to facilitate departmental tasks
Copies of transcripts are acceptable at the time of application. Successful applicants will be required to provide official transcripts upon initial hire.
VETERAN'S PREFERENCE: In order to establish veteran preference, please upload completed Form DD214 (per OAR 839-006-0445 and OAR 839-006-0450(3)) in Other Documents area. If you wish to be considered for Disabled Veteran's Preference, please upload your DD215.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: From $50.74 per hour
Work Location: One location
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*