SSS, Data Support Assistant
Salary:Â Bishop State Community College's Local Salary Schedule -17.25Â per hour
Continued employment is contingent upon funding from the grant. This position is on a non-tenured track.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Effective interpersonal, oral, and written communication and problem-solving skills.
- Receive and direct incoming telephone calls and visitors to the area.Â
- Maintains a database system for monitoring and tracking program participants.Â
- Prepares source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information.
- Competency with personal computers, mobile devices, and standard office software applications (Google Docs, Forms, Sheets) including online meeting software.Â
- Enters data by inputting information on keyboard or optical scanner according to required format.Â
- Maintains data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures.Â
- Verifies entered data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or reentering data.
- Secures information by completing database backups.Â
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.Â
- Maintains the security of confidential student information.Â
- Ability to work with multiple federal programs and supervisors.Â
- Support programs by maintaining inventory.
- Prepare purchase requisitions and place orders for supplies. Â
- Keep current on upgrades in technology as related to the specific area and assignment.Â
- Represent the College at meetings of various groups and organizations dealingÂ with the assignedÂ area of responsibility.
- Serve on College committees and task forces as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Student Support Services Project Director, Associate Dean of Instructional Services/Compliance Officer, and/or President.
Must demonstrate a commitment to:
- Superior computer and computational skills.
- Strong organization, prioritization, and self-motivation skills.
- Working in a participatory and collegial setting.
- Associates degree from an Â accredited institution.
- Three (3) years documented experience in the proficient use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and a database system. Â
- Bachelorâ€™s degree from an accredited institution.
- Experience working in an educational setting.
Application Procedures/Additional Information
Position announcements and employment applications are available atÂ https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/accs/bishopstate?Â Applications currently on file must be resubmitted for this position. Delinquent and/or unsigned application packets and/or documents will not be accepted.Â
Only complete application packets will be given consideration for employment.Â
A completed application packet consists of:Â
- Completed Bishop State Community College employment application (must be signed)
- Current resume
- Applicable Transcript with conferred date (While an unofficial transcript may be submitted as part of the application packet, an official transcriptÂ mustÂ be receivedÂ beforeÂ the date of hire.)
More than one position in the same job classification may be filled from the applicants for this position should another vacancy occur during the search process. In accordance with Alabama Community College System policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form and to submit a nonrefundable fee of $17.40 (additional charges may apply) for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon receipt of a clearance notification from the criminal background check. Bishop State Community College is an active participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-verify). E-verify electronically confirms an employeeâ€™s eligibility to work in the United States as required by the Department of Homeland Security.Â
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*