The Instructor will teach 15 credits per semester as part of the base workload. In addition, the Instructor will assume responsibility for outcomes assessment in one or more courses in the discipline, participate on college committees including Middle States, and contribute in a meaningful way to the college community.
- Develop, prepare, and teach all assigned course while ensuring that course outcomes are met. Provide students with feedback and academic support. Meet all divisional and institutional requirements, such as submission of grades and reporting attendance.
- Develop, in collaboration with Division Dean and/or Associate Dean, course syllabi, assessments, and rubrics as part of program development and institutional and student outcomes assessment.
- Maintain office and advising hours for students.
- Advise students on course selection and career development opportunities.
- Provide mentoring support each semester for assigned adjuncts.
- Promote the college programs to the community.
- Other duties as assigned.
OVERALL PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
The primary and most important overall responsibility of all employees is to provide service in a pleasant, helpful, and effective manner to our students and other members of the College community.
Master's Degree from an accredited institution in Business or related field.
- Teaching experience in the discipline.
- Teaching experience at the college level.
- Experience in the use of instructional technologies
Skills/Abilities /Knowledge /Other Requirements:
- The ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Use of learning-centered teaching methodologies.
- Experience in curriculum development.
- Evidence of a strong commitment to teach and remain current in the field, including both traditional curricula as well as alternate methods of delivery.
- Skills and experiences in teaching varied forms of delivery included F2F and remoted instruction. Familiarity with Blackboard is a plus.
- Experience developing and implementing programmatic assessment tools.
- Demonstrated commitment to community college mission of providing instruction to students of diverse abilities, interests, and cultural backgrounds.
- Active participation in college community.
- Availability to work weekdays, evenings and weekends.
Collaborates with department members and/or the Compliance, Assessment and Research team to support planning, assessment, data collection and reporting for continuous improvement of the college.
EMPLOYEE CLASSIFICATION: Faculty
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*