This job has Expired
The Academic Director is responsible for the success of our Horizons NCC summer academic classroom work through supervising the curriculum and leading the teaching staff. The Academic Director also manages the Horizons NCC relationship with the Norwalk Public School administration and our year-round tutoring program.
The 2023 Summer program will take place from June 20 – July 31, 2023. Hours are Monday – Friday from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM.
· Oversee the academic standards, curriculum and quality of instruction for Horizons NCC and consider opportunities to recognize student success
· Assist in recruiting, evaluation, and grade-level placement for teaching staff
· Supervise Head and Assistant Teachers along with Reading and Math Specialists; mentor and coach as required
· Assist Head teachers with academic goals, curriculum guidelines and planning
· Support Reading and Math Specialists in distributing and evaluating benchmark assessments, analyzing data, creating small groups and providing appropriate support materials for each student
· Foster and expand productive working relationships with the Norwalk Public School administration; distribute summer assessment information to NPS as needed
· Monitor student’s academic progress during the school year; obtain student progress reports and standardized testing to identify academically at-risk students in need of tutoring support.
· Coordinate and lead student tutoring sessions throughout the year; evaluate the impact of tutoring and proactively make recommendations to improve going forward
· Support the Executive Director and Operations Director in the day-to day operating of the summer program including meals, swimming, specials, field trips and transportation
· Attend all mandatory staff trainings and meetings
Reporting to the Executive Director, the ideal candidate is seasoned educator who enjoys hands-on work with students and mentoring/coaching the teaching staff to achieve superior academic outcomes. Other qualifications include:
· Master’s degree in education preferred
· Passion for education equity and the Horizons NCC mission
· Experience working in the Norwalk Public School system
· Experience working with underserved students and families
· Strong managerial skills in developing the academic standards and leading the teaching staff
· Strong analytic skills to evaluate the effectiveness of the curriculum, teaching staff and tutoring program
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $1,500.00 per week
- Monday to Friday
We are a mask optional program.
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*