This job has Expired
Vocational Nursing Clinical Faculty
Full Job Description
This is a full-time position.
Under the general supervision of the Program Director delivers class and/or clinical instruction according to an approved course syllabus using accepted and effective teaching methods; develops daily lesson plans; advises and tutors students; maintains current and accurate attendance and grade records; remains current in applicable program teaching field; participates in faculty meetings, professional growth activities in the respective field and two (2) in-service training sessions annually. Participates in college activities such as in-services, faculty meetings, student functions, graduation exercises, open houses, new student orientations, and advisory board meetings. Strives for student success by providing quality instruction that results in studentsâ€™ achievement of course and program objectives, retention of students, and prepares students for entry-level positions in the healthcare field.
Must have a minimum of two (2) years practical experience as a licensed registered nurse within the last five (5) years.
One (1) year of teaching experience in the subject areas taught or demonstrate prior training in instructional methodology and teaching skills from a formal teacher educational program or any comparable training program or formal in-house training program.
- A minimum of a baccalaureate degree from an academic institution accredited by a regional or national accrediting agency that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE);
- Meet one of the following conditions:
- hold a valid teaching credential; orâ€¢ have completed a minimum of one year full-time teaching experience in a state accredited or approved registered nursing or vocational or practical nursing, or psychiatric technician school within the last five years; orâ€¢ meet community college or state university teaching requirements in California.
- Must be a graduate from a program accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education or Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) in the specialty field or subject area in which they teach.
- Preferred: Baccalaureate degree.
- Current active California license as a Registered Nurse (RN) or a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN).
- Must have approval by the Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians (BVNPT) prior to assuming the role of Instructor.
- Must possess a Certificate of Completion of a course in teaching methodology of at least 30 hours.
- Current CPR Card.
- To comply with the requirements of the clinical sites, the orders issued by the California Department of Public Health, and other local, state, and federal law and/or regulation, this position requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
American Career Collegeâ€™s commitment to quality education for over 40 years has provided students excellence in hands-on healthcare training at our campuses in Ontario, Los Angeles, and Orange County. American Career College is dedicated to the belief that all students have the right to succeed and reach their full potential. To meet this challenge in postsecondary education, American Career Collegeâ€™s mission is to provide adult learners with the skills and technical knowledge needed for initial employment in entry-level positions. With more than 50,000 graduates, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the support of our communities by educating quality healthcare professionals, collaborating with incredible people, and grow in your own profession.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
American Career College is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.Campus:Â ACC Ontario
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*