Student Support Services - Administrative Assistant
Some of the duties of the position include:
- Draft/compose letters, brochures, documents, and forms for the department.
- Develop correspondences to students.
- Explain Student Support Services (SSS) criteria to prospective participants in the SSS program.
- Familiar with PeopleSoft-SIS to track studentsâ€™ enrollment.
- Use Navigate and Canvas programs to contact students.
- Order office supplies.
- Complete purchase requisitions and enter in the eVA procurement system.
- Take notes during team staff meetings and available when needed for other meetings.
- Track all supplies and equipment ordered to ensure delivery.
- Create, organize, and maintain cohort student files to ensure they are up-to-date and accurate.
- Maintain and update SSS student participant list.
- Work with the Director to complete the Annual Performance Report (APR).
- Update the SSS college bulletin boards on each campus with current information.
- Make frequent contact with SSS participants via email, text, face-to-face, and telephone to track progress.
- Update all forms, applications, and letters as needed per school year.
- Revise and update the SSS Policies and Procedures Manual.
- This position may require driving a Camp vehicle, as needed.
- This position is not eligible for remote work/telework.
This is a wage position limited to working no more than 1,500 hours during the 12 month period of May 1 â€“ April 30, regardless of the hire date. The wage employment period resets on May 1 of the following year. All wage employees are limited to working no more than 29 hours per week on average over the 12-month period. This wage position offers no state benefits.
May be required to perform other duties as assigned. May be required to assist the agency or state government generally in the event of an emergency declaration by the Governor.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Some work experience providing administrative support.
- Proficiency using word processing/spreadsheet software (i.e. Microsoft Suite).
- Familiarity with office service procedures.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate with diverse public and co-workers both verbally and in writing.
- Associate degree and/or experience in administrative support technology, business, related field or a combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of Student Information System such as Peoplesoft.
- Knowledge of Learning Management System (LMS), (i.e.Canvas).
- Work experience with TriO Student Support Services(SSS) or a similar program.
The selected candidateâ€™s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of education, credit checks (relevant to employment). Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealthâ€™s Statement of Economic Interest. For more information, please follow this link: http://ethics.dls.virginia.gov/
The Virginia Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disabilities, political affiliation, veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors.
The VCCS is an EOE and Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Acts (ADA and ADAAA), VCCS will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation to applicants in need of access to the application, interviewing and selection processes.
VCCS uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*