Research Laboratory Tech Sr
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities though excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, national and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education, and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
WHAT BENEFITS CAN YOU LOOK FORWARD TO?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
The Kresge Hearing Research Institute is seeking a highly motivated individual with a strong interest in research. This position will be under general direction of faculty and/or senior research personnel, responsible for operation of a specialized project.
The job duties:
- Enrolls patients in outcomes based sinonasal and bronchial tissue biorepository, and transfers biospecimens from operating room and Otolaryngology clinic to lab for preparation and storage.
- Helps develop, design and conduct research projects according to plan.
- Contributes to formulating research methods and suggesting options for improving quality and recommending solutions.
- Participates in computer database design and utilization and research/data analysis and suggests future improvements in data measurement.
- Trains users in equipment operation and laboratory techniques, explains and demonstrates technology and equipment capabilities, operations limitations and outcomes.
- Works independently on collection of data and analyzes research results.
- Prepares reports and drafts manuscripts.
- Has oversight for day-to-day operation of laboratory.
- Schedules and maintains records of equipment/facility.
- May supervise research support personnel.
- May assemble, test calibrate, clean or make minor repairs to equipment.
Research Lab Tech Intermediate Required Qualifications:
- Associate degree with 2-year related experience
Research Lab Tech Senior Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years related experience
- Experience with immunofluorescence and cell cultures is strongly preferred.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third-party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations, including one booster when eligible, are required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working remotely and temporary workers. More information on this new policy is available on the U-M Health Response website or the UM-Dearborn and UM-Flint websites.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*