This job has Expired
Missile Defense Engineer
Are you interested in exciting opportunities solving the most important challenges defending the United States, our forces, and our allies from air and missile threats? If so, we’d love to have you join our team!
The Cross-Domain Battle Management Group is seeking innovative and hard-working professionals with a degree in a technical field to work with our Colorado Springs team. Join us to work in an exciting and collaborative environment where we tackle challenging technical national security problems. Our group specializes in bridging the missile defense and space domains, with the objective of building capabilities across the services to increase and maintain the Nation’s superiority in missile defense.
As a Missile Defense Engineer, your responsibilities in our team include...
- Conducting research and development activities creating concepts that identify and fill gaps in the U.S. Defense systems
- Implementing novel algorithms that redefine the state of the art in our nation's defensive systems
- Developing sophisticated Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning approaches for solving complex problems
- Crafting novel data fusion, object tracking, and discrimination improvements for distributed defensive concepts
- Using advanced programming languages to develop and test technical solutions
- Developing prototype capabilities and working with real-world systems to transition ideas to fielded systems
- Testing contractor algorithm implementation against government performance requirements
- Effectively communicating technical recommendations to APL leadership, government sponsors, and the engineering community
- Contributing to a dynamic group culture that values participation in collaborative teams and activities, and dedication to continual improvement, innovation, and risk-taking
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, or similar degrees.
- Are skilled in and/or can build programming skills in MATLAB, C++, C, Python, Java, or similar.
- Hold an active Top Secret security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
- Have the willingness to travel under 10% of the time as needed.
- Can demonstrate that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To ensure the safety and well-being of the community, APL has established a policy requiring that all staff be vaccinated against COVID-19. All staff members must provide proof of full vaccination or have an approved medical or religious accommodation by their start date.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Have working knowledge of configuration management tools.
- Have domain knowledge of Navy, Missile Defense Agency, or Air Force systems.
- Have a final Top Secret SCI clearance.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at http://www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, occupation, marital or familial status, political opinion, personal appearance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
APL is committed to promoting an innovative environment that embraces diversity, encourages creativity, and supports inclusion of new ideas. In doing so, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including those with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact Accommodations@jhuapl.edu. Only by ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard are we empowered to be bold, do great things, and make the world a better place.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*