Vice President of Administrative and Business Affairs
Vice President of Administrative and Business Affairs
Salary Range:Â $104,000
Contract Term Length:Â 12 Months
Standard Hours:Â 37.50
Work Location:Â Hybrid
FLSA Status:Â Exempt
College:Â Gateway Community & Technical College
Campus Location:Â Florence, KY
Department:Â Administrative & Business Affairs
Gateway Community & Technical College offers a competitive benefits package and an attractive work environment that supports excellence, innovation, and creativity including:
- Exceptional health care, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family
- Tuition reimbursement/waiver for you, your spouse, and your dependents
- 403(b) retirement plan: a 5% employee contribution receives a 10% employer match
- Vacation/Sick Time
- Work-Life Balance
- 9.5 Paid Holidays
- 2 Weeks of Institutional Closing Pay (Last 2 weeks of December) for qualifying positions
- Employee Assistance Program
The VP of Business Affairs will be responsible for and provide leadership and supervision in all fiscal and business services of Gateway Community & Technical College (GCTCS) in compliance with Kentucky Community Technical College System (KCTCS), state, and other governing policies; maintain facilities and grounds to provide a safe, secure, and comfortable environment; provide for technology for GCTC, administer auxiliary enterprises; and act as a part of the College's senior leadership team in strategic planning, budget development, and administration, as well as other issues.
Anticipated Start Date: April 2023, or sooner
- Provides senior leadership, management supervision, and oversight of all functions of the Business Office operations. Ensures that operations comply with internal control policies, and transactions comply with established business procedures.
- Provides leadership to the accounting function, which includes monthly reporting, bank reconciliation, grants reporting, payroll, and inventory management.
- Provides senior leadership and management supervision to the development and ongoing monitoring of the College budget. Works with senior leadership at the College to ensure that a collaborative process exists.
- Provides senior leadership and management supervision to the College's information technology support services.
- Provides senior leadership and management supervision to the College's maintenance and operations division. Works with Maintenance Director to assure that facilities are well maintained. Works with KCTCS on maintenance and construction projects.
- Provides senior leadership and management supervision to the College's campus safety and security program. Chairs the College's safety team. Works with KCTCS to ensure a safe and secure environment for students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
- Serves as the College liaison with the contracted bookstore provider.
- Supervises the purchasing, and accounts payable function: receiving requisitions, budget checking, ordering, electronic PO requests, check requests, receiving, and processing payables. Provides guidance to procard purchasing and management: review of requisitions, budget checking, ordering, receiving, procard edits, internal departmental, budget reconciliations, audit of cardholder statements, edit of monthly procard journal reports.
- Supervises student accounts and receivables: student accounts, service indicators, third-party billing, payment plans, student receipting, non-student accounts receivable processing, cashiering, end-of-day cash/receivable reports and closing, delinquent billings, refunds, journal scholarship charges from gift clearing account, liaison with student affairs, financial aid, KCTCS to resolve issues.
- Leadership management: serves with other senior leaders within the College and KCTCS; team member in the management of Business Services activities, strategic planning, interpretation of policies and procedures, budget development, and analysis.
- Professional development - serves as a mentor to others; seeks specific professional growth activities.
- All other duties as assigned by the College president, including serving in an acting capacity when the President is off-campus.
- Master's degree in a field related to higher education administration, finance, business administration, or equivalent.
- 5 years of related experience
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Excellent organizational skills; high attention to detail; independent; self-motivated; able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with many individuals at all levels throughout the internal college environment and external business and community partners, representing himself/herself professionally and courteously.
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and, in writing.
- Ability to multi-task, work under deadlines, and prioritize projects to meet deadlines with high levels of efficiency and accuracy.
- Must have proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Forms, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, and Word).
- Supervision of multi-level teams.
- Experience in and understanding of working with students from diverse populations is preferred.
- Experience working at the community college level is preferred.
Gateway Community & Technical College is a member of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System and is a public two-year degree-granting institution serving the Northern Kentucky Region - part of the Greater Cincinnati Region and is Northern Kentuckyâ€™s only public, accredited, comprehensive two-year institution. Gateway offers high-quality, targeted education to meet students' personal and professional needs and contribute to the region's economic development.
Gateway engages, connects, and inspires all students through education to successfully champion our regionâ€™s competitive workforce and improve their quality of life.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $104,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Master's (Preferred)
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Florence, KY 41042
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*