132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 22 New Jobs Today.
Evening Secretary/Textbook Coordinator - Temp Level 2
Are you looking for a place to work where you can make a real difference in the lives of over 200,000 college students every year? Â
Would you like to be part of an organization that adds $7.2 billion dollars to the economy and supports nearly 100,000 jobs in the fastest growing county in the United States?
Whether youâ€™re teaching, working, or learning Make It Happen At Maricopa County Community Colleges!
What's Currently Happening at Maricopa
- Many of our campuses have received grant awards through theÂ National Science FoundationÂ to improve undergraduate STEM Education: Hispanic-Serving institutions program (HSI Program).
- Commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity and employee groups to create an environment of shared governance
- One of the largest community college systems in the country
- 2020 Healthy Arizona Worksites Program recipient
- Named 19th Best Employer for Women by Forbes
- 2019 No. 42 in Arizonaâ€™s Best Employers
The evening secretary is responsible for creating and maintaining textbook information for the Social & Cultural Science departmentsÂ and for ordering desk copies for faculty as requested. This position is also responsible for making sure the front office is run smoothly and professionally and for providing assistance to all visitors, students, faculty and staff.
â— Monitor Front Desk by providing assistance to and greeting all visitors, including students, faculty, staff, and the general public in a professional and welcoming manner; answer andÂ Â Â Â screen phone calls in a polite and professional manner; assist in calling students when classes are canceled or if there are class schedule changes
â— Ordering desk copies and adopting textbooks for faculty and maintaining the textbook database for both departments
â— Perform enrollment services such as enrolling students in classes or swapping classes for students
â— Assist office staff and faculty with daily operations including document processing such as scanning documents or making copies and distributing mail
â— Provide office support as needed; other duties as assigned such as room scheduling and entering maintenance work orders using School Dude
â— Close up the office at the end of day; ensure that all areas are secured/locked, lights off, etc.
â— Performs other duties as assigned
â— Strong interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to maintain a courteous, friendly mannerism when working with students, faculty and staff
â— Demonstrate organizational skills, proper use of grammar & punctuation; must be detail-oriented
â— Intermediate level of experience with programs including Word, Excel, Google Docs and Sheets
â— Experience working in an office setting and utilizing office equipment
â— Experience with PeopleSoft Student Information Systems (SIS)
â— Experience scheduling classrooms and reserving conference rooms using 25 Live
Special Working Conditions
â— Travel to campus during interview/selection process will be at candidateâ€™s own expense
â— May require working remotely
â— May require prolonged periods of viewing a computer screen
â— May be required to lift or carry up to 25 pounds
How to Apply
Please email a copy of your resume and cover letter (including why you are qualified for this position) to: Annalisa Alvrus atÂ email@example.com
Please ensure your resume and cover letter provide the following items:
- Â Clearly illustrate how prior experience, knowledge and education meet the minimum and desired qualifications for this position.
- Â Provide employment history in a month/year format (e.g., 09/07 to 10/11) including job title, job duties, indicate full or part time experience for each position held and name of employer for each position.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*