132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 19 New Jobs Today.
The Accountant is responsible for maintaining and reconciling accounting records, and providing accounting support to the business office operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reconcile and maintain assigned accounts, maintain proper documentation and files, prepare/ process journal entries, draw down restricted funds, bank reconciliation, prepare financial reports, process accounts payable, and process payroll.
- Assist with yearly fiscal year-end reconciliation and closeout; work with state auditors to provide the necessary documentation for a timely yearly audit report.
- Working knowledge and understanding of all major accounting duties related to finance, and in the absence of the CFO and/or Director of Finance assist other finance staff, and make sound decisions concerning all finance operations.
- Foster a customer service environment for fellow employees, students, and visitors. Be an Ambassador for the College. Support the collegeâ€™s initiative to maximize retention of current students and enable students to finish their collegiate goals.
- Comply with all policies of the Alabama Community College System Board of Trustees, the ACCS Chancellorâ€™s Office, and the College.
- Participate in College functions (Award and Honor events, Alumni Homecoming, Commencement, etc.).
- Assume other work related responsibilities as assigned by the appropriately assigned College administrator.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage stress and time well
- Ability to work well with others
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Ability to perform basic mathematical skills (percentages, fractions, etc)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to project a positive public image
The Accountant must have a Bachelor's degree in accounting or a business related field. Preferred three years of work experience in higher education accounting.
Application Procedures/Additional Information
A complete application packet consists of:
Â 1. Â Â Â Â A completed SSCC employment applicationÂ
2. Â Â Â Â Current resumeÂ
3. Â Â Â Â Transcripts verifying required degree/certification (unofficial copies will be accepted before the deadline but official transcripts from all colleges must be on file prior to employment). Â Transcripts must include conferred or awarded date. Â If you have problems completing your application or need assistance, please contact Human Resources Department at Snead State email HR@Snead.edu (Amy Simmons 256-571-0607 or Amanda Gunnels 256-840-4113).Â
Please Note: all application materials must be scanned. It is recommended that you have scanned copies of your resume, transcripts, and any other documents ready when you begin the on-line application process. Application materials may not be faxed or emailed. It is the policy of the Alabama Community College System, including all postsecondary community and technical colleges under the control of the Alabama Community College System Board of Trustees, that no employee or applicant for employment or promotion, on the basis of any impermissible criterion or characteristic including, without limitation, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, disability, sex, age, or any other protected class as defined by federal and state law, shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. Our Community College is also an Equal Opportunity Educator. It is the policy of this College that no student or other person because of age or race/color, national origin, sex, religion, disability, or the like shall be excluded or limited from participation in or be denied the benefits of any college program or activity. Snead State Community College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. Applicants must adhere to the Collegeâ€™s prescribed interview schedule and must travel at their own expense. The College reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement any time prior to the awarding. More than one position in the same job classification may be filled from the applicants for this position should another vacancy occur during the search process. Â Note: In accordance with Alabama Community College System policy and procedures, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon the receipt of a clearance notification from the criminal background check. Snead State Community College is an active participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-verify). E-verify electronically confirms an employeeâ€™s eligibility to work in the United States as required by the Department of Homeland Security.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*