132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 22 New Jobs Today.
This job has Expired
Business Faculty (Tenure Track)
Full Job Description
Posting will remain open until filled. Priority screening for application received by March 5, 2023.
The Business Department has a vibrant curriculum that includes courses in business, international business, logistics, management, marketing/professional sales, human resources, and small business management. We offer 2-year associates degrees, short-term certificates, and an Applied Bachelor's degree in Global Trade & Logistics. We seek to help students develop the business skills and knowledge they need to pursue a variety of career options, or transfer to a baccalaureate institution. We are looking for broad business expertise as well as experience in the areas of business math and statistics. For more information about the Business Department, see http://business.highline.edu or contact Cathy Cartwright (206) 592-3339 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
HC welcomes faculty with a commitment to excellence in teaching and the success of all students. HC faculty value self-reflective practice and continued professional growth. We strive to cultivate a welcoming and supportive learning environment for our diverse students, including a significant number of students who transition from our very large non-credit ESL program to credit-bearing certificate and degree programs. Candidates representing all aspects of diversity are encouraged to apply.
HC Business faculty teach an equivalent of 15 credits per quarter, advise students, and participate in College service.
This position is expected to begin in Fall Quarter, September 2023.
*ABOUT HIGHLINE COLLEGE*
Established in 1961, Highline College is a comprehensive community college providing certificates as well as associateâ€™s and bachelorâ€™s degrees in high-quality academic transfer pathways, workforce training, and Adult Basic Education. We serve transfer students, Running Start students, Professional-Technical students, International Students, Adult Basic Education students, English Language Learners, students with intellectual disabilities, and lifelong learners of all ages.
Committed to the success of all students and to closing racial equity gaps, Highline College is the most diverse community college in Washington State and one of the most diverse in the United States. 20% of current students identify as Black/African American, 18% identify as Asian, 18% identify as White, 16% identify as Hispanic/Latinx, 2% identify as Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, 1% identify as Native American or Alaska Native, and .7% identify as Filipino. Highlineâ€™s commitment to equity and social justice drives our collective work to increase access to higher education, inspire student learning and achievement, and strengthen our diverse community. Highline aspires to reflect the diverse racial, ethnic, and linguistic demographics of our region. This aspiration reflects both our commitment to equity, inclusion, and social justice, and our desire to maintain the excellence of our faculty.
MISSION:Â As a South King County college striving for social justice, Highline College partners with global students as they envision, plan and achieve their educational and professional goals.Â Adopted October 2022.
VISION:Â Highline College creates anti-racist, equitable pathways in higher education to close opportunity gaps experienced by our students. We support employees to foster the conditions for student and workplace equity. We accept people as they are and honor the life experience they bring. We are cultivating a collaborative learning community that centers the well-being of the whole person and provides a sense of belonging. We highly regard the families and support systems that enable our success and acknowledge that by working together we are limitless.
VALUES:Â Highline College seeks to live out these values in everyday practice:
- Cultural Responsiveness and Agency
- Environmental Sustainability
- Equity-First Focus
- Life-Long Learning
- Partnership with local and global communities
- Social Justice
- Student-Centered Approaches
- Core Theme 1: Reduce barriers and close equity gaps to access for all community members
- Core theme 2: Increase educational success and close equity gaps; collaborate to improve
- Core theme 3: Create a more inclusive working and learning environment and a more valued, visible relationship with communities we serve
For more information, please visit the Accreditation website.
LOCATION:Â Highline College is located in a diverse community just 15 minutes south of downtown Seattle, with easy access to a dynamic urban arts scene, world-class cultural and sporting events, and unsurpassed outdoor recreation opportunities. The college annually serves more than 16,500 students, and with a student population of over 70% students of color, representing 35 nations and more than 100 languages, Highline has been consistently ranked as one of the most diverse colleges in the nation.
HIGHLINE COLLEGE OFFERS:
- An unrelenting focus on our mission to increase access, improve learning, and strengthen partnerships with our surrounding community;
- Robust support for innovative teaching, learning, and scholarship;
- A friendly, supportive, and highly engaged work environment with diverse colleagues;
- Excellent benefits including competitive leave packages and an array of health, dental, vision, and retirement plans to meet your current and future needs.
DID YOU KNOW?Â Highline College is in the process of implementing guided pathways as a campus-wide transformation strategy designed to improve student success and decrease equity gaps. HC received a federally funded, five-year Title III grant in October 2020 designed to support our guided pathways work. HC is also developing a new Equity-First Strategic Plan with broad campus participation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Please address the following in your application. If you donâ€™t have experience in an academic setting, please address within the framework of your professional experience:
- Teaching:Â Teach a full-time load of introductory college business courses in, but not limited to: General Business, Sales, Marketing, Advertising, Management, International Business, Human Relations in Business, and Entrepreneurship. Experience teaching Business Statistics a plus. Teaching assignments will include on-line sections, in addition to possible evening/weekend, hybrid, and off-campus sections. Advising responsibilities include working with students to develop and monitor academic plans.
- Service:Â Engage in department, division, and college initiatives; participate in shared governance; promote the collegeâ€™s values, and perform other contracted duties (for example, advisory committee participation, community outreach) as required.
- Professional development:Â Maintain competence in teaching and the discipline through professional development.
Faculty-wide skills and abilities
At Highline, successful faculty applicants demonstrate the ability to promote:
- A*ctive, inclusive, and culturally relevant learning *environments and curricula that welcome and engage all students, incorporating instructional technologies as appropriate to improve student attainment;
- Cultural responsiveness and a commitment to equityÂ in interactions with students, faculty, staff and community members who span a diverse range of languages, nationalities and ethnicities, socio-economic levels, identities and educational experiences;
- Collaborative approachesÂ to day-to-day activities, to the development of innovations and new initiatives and, when necessary, to problem-solving;
- Self-reflective practiceÂ in teaching and learning, assessment, leadership, professional development and service.
- Masterâ€™s degree (or higher) in Business or closely related field from an institution with regional accreditation or its international equivalent (pending degrees must be verified by a letter from the granting institution). Pending degrees must be completed by September 2023 and verified by a letter from the granting institution;Â AND
- Work experience in a related field.
- Experience working with learning management systems, i.e. Canvas, Desire 2 Learn, etc.;
- Teaching experience at the community college level;
- Significant experience working in multicultural/diverse environments;
- Fluency in an additional language(s).
SALARY, CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT, APPLICATIONÂ PROCEDURE:
Salary and Benefits:
Initial annual salary placement ranges from $ 69,069-78,871 based on current contract for a standard 170-day contract. The College has a negotiated faculty wage scale. Placement on the salary scale in accordance with the HC-Highline College Education Association Collective Bargaining Agreement.
A standard 170-day contract is written annually for the period of September to June. Late contracts will be prorated on the basis of work days remaining in the contract year. This position is exempt from the overtime pay requirements of The Fair Labor Standards Act.
This is a union represented position subject to a Collective Bargaining Agreement. Salary, retirement, medical and insurance benefits are provided in accordance with state regulations and may be subject to change in accordance with legislative mandates and collective bargaining agreements. Additional information on benefits can be found at https://fortress.wa.gov/hca/pebbhealthplan/compare.aspx.
*Conditions of Employment:*
Prior to employment, the candidate must complete a sexual misconduct declaration form, and pass a sexual misconduct check.
If hired you will be required to provide proof that you are either 1) a U.S. citizen, or 2) an immigrant whose status permits you to lawfully work in this country.
Completion of academic degree(s) will be verified through receipt of official transcripts at the time of hire.
To be considered for this position, applicants must:
1. Meet the minimum qualifications and;
2. Submit a complete application to the online recruitment system at www.highline.edu that includes the following:
- The online application, which includes answers to all supplemental questions and contact information for at least three (3) professional references;
- A current resume; (Attachment: Resume);
- A letter of interest addressing the minimum qualifications, desired qualifications, and your education and experience as they support the duties and responsibilities of this position; (Attachment: Cover Letter). Successful candidates should expect that screening committees will be interested in learning how their education and experiences support the faculty-wide skills and abilities;
- In order to be considered for the position, you must complete the online application in full and attach the required supplemental documents. Failure to provide this information may eliminate you from consideration for this position.
Application Deadline: *Priority screening will begin March 6, 2023.
Applications received before this date will receive first consideration. Applications received after the screening date may be considered until the position is filled.
Please be aware that the College hiring authorities reserve the right to hire one or more candidates, and may exercise the option to make a hiring decision prior to the conclusion of the recruitment process.
Recruitment Timeline (tentative):Posted: February 07, 2023
Tentative first round interviews via phone/SparkHire: March
Tentative final interviews (modality TBD):March/April
Offer by end of April 2023
Recruitment: Positions posted on SBCTC, Diverse Jobs, Inside Higher Ed, HERC; other places identified by committees/departments; committee/department members encouraged to share posts in professional networks.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE AT:Â https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highline
NEED APPLICATION HELP?
Should you have any difficulties uploading your documents or navigating the application process, please contact NEOGOV Technical Support at 1-855-524-5627, Monday - Friday 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM Pacific Time.
HIGHLINE COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Highline College is an equal opportunity employer. The College is committed to enhancing the diversity of our faculty and staff, as well as our student population. We strive to create a working environment that includes and respects cultural, racial, ethnic, sexual orientations, and gender identity diversity. We strongly encourage applicants to apply without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legal protected status.
The College complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Applicants needing accommodations in the application process in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources office at (206) 592-3812. Persons who are deaf or hard of hearing may dial 711 to place a call through Washington Relay, the state's free telecommunication access service.
TITLE IX POLICY
Highline College complies with Title IX regulations. For details on our policies, see our website https://humanresources.highline.edu/faculty-and-staff/policies/title-ix/
The College appointing authorities reserve the right and may exercise the option to make an employment decision prior to the conclusion of the recruitment process.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $69,069.00 - $78,871.00 per year
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*