132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 70 New Jobs Today.
Online Adjunct Faculty - Accounting
We are one growing team with one powerful goal â€” and as a global leader in education, we strive for a workforce that reflects the individual differences of our learning community. We believe that our employees can be their best selves when they can be their true selves. That is why weâ€™re committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion in which all our employees feel welcomed, valued and empowered. Together, we will shape the future of education by transforming lives beginning with yours.
Online Adjunct Faculty â€“ Accounting
Southern New Hampshire University is looking for faculty to teach in our Accounting program. Our online faculty provide high-quality, "real" scenario-based learning experiences and support learners as they work toward their educational goals. Online faculty members work in a collaborative learning environment, partnering with learners, student advising and members of the academic team to ensure that each learner has the support they need to gain real-world skills applicable to their present and future careers.
We are looking for faculty for the following courses:
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
- Cost Accounting
- Experiential Learning in Accounting
Please view our course catalog for full descriptions of the courses listed above.
In this Role You'll Get To:
- Foster a positive, emotional climate for your students
- Have a positive emotional disposition and growth-mindset toward your students and themselves
- Provide a high level of learner outreach and connect with learners, academic advisors and team leaders on a frequent basis to ensure the success of your learners
- Use your business experience and content expertise to support scenario-based learning in the classroom
- Provide mentorship to your learners so that they are prepared to develop business solutions, and employ innovation to solve business problems
- Create opportunities for dialogue within the learning experience
- Convey complex business strategy to your undergraduate and novice students
- Ensure your students are receiving quality feedback, assignment clarification, and provide guidance on assignments, concepts, and course resources
What we're Looking For:
- Master's degree in Accounting or Business related field from an accredited higher education institution
- 4 years or more of teaching experience at the college level
- Experience with an LMS (Learning Management System)
- 4 years or more of experience in the field of accounting
- Hold an active Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification
- Experience using Tableau and Power BI, VITA, and QuickBooks
Some courses may require the following certifications:
Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Have the following VITA certifications:
VITA Standards of Conduct
VITA Intake Interview and Quality Review
VITA Advanced Tax Preparation
This posting is hiring for future term starts, dates to be assigned later.
The standard compensation for most undergraduate courses is $2,200 per 8-week course, and $2,500 for most 10-week graduate courses. Adjuncts are paid bi-weekly and are considered W-2 employees of Southern NH University.
Thinking about the job, but not sure you should apply? We still want to hear from you.
We recognize that not everyone enters the world of work with the same advantage, opportunity, and privilege. This is why your skills and experiences are important to us. Take the leap and apply, you just might be the person we are looking for!
Are Benefits Important to You?
We offer exceptional benefits, many available starting on the first day of employment:
Tuition Benefits with family offerings
Option to save for Retirement
Professional Development opportunities
Who Are We?
SNHU employees are a team in every sense. Separately, we understand that each individual brings unique experiences, perspectives and ideas to create a vibrant work environment. Together we share common values of honesty, acceptance and accountability working as a unified force toward a common goal: to transform the lives of learners. By joining our team, you join us in our vision. Together, weâ€™ll shape the future of education by transforming livesâ€”beginning with yours.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Please note that a background check is required for employment.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*