Post-Doctoral or Post-Master’s Research Associate
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation.
- University of Nebraska at Kearney
- Kearney, Nebraska
- Job Category
- Post Doctoral Appointments
- $58,000 for post-doc or $38,000 for post-master's
- Start Date
- Last Date to Apply
- Primary responsibilities include research on Lake Ogallala, Nebraska, to: 1) identify abiotic and biotic changes following chemical renovation and fish restocking; 2) examine movement of nuisance and sport fish to quantify recolonization rates and seasonal movements using a combination of active and passive acoustic telemetry; 3) identify which sampling gear or gears best assesses nuisance fish populations; and 4) develop management strategies for nuisance species control. Secondary responsibilities include co-mentoring a graduate student on this project and other graduate-student research at the University of Nebraska at Kearney. Teaching opportunities many be possible as available and desired. The contract will be for at least 2 years, with possible renewals up to 5 years. Benefits include health insurance, life insurance, and retirement. The start date is negotiable.
- Master’s or PhD in fisheries science/management, ecology, biology, environmental science, or related field. Experience with research and analyses in movement ecology is highly desirable. Candidates with demonstrated written and oral communication skills, analytical skills, and history of cooperation and coordination with government fisheries agencies are preferred. Applicants must be self-motivated, demonstrate a strong work ethic, and be capable and willing to work long hours (within boundaries) to complete all aspects of the research.
- Contact Person
- Dr. Melissa Wuellner
- Contact eMail
Bookmark the permalink .
Comments are closed.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*