132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 70 New Jobs Today.
Campus Associate Dean of Student Development
Full Job Description
Posted: February 1, 2023
Level: Management / ConfidentialÂ (Mgr2)
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Closing Date: The committee will begin review of applications immediately. Applications must be submitted by 5:00pm (EST) onÂ Thursday, March 2, 2023.
Housatonic Community College
900 Lafayette Blvd
Bridgeport, CT 06604
**This position is not remote**
For more information, please click on the college to be directed to their website.
CT State Community College Mission:
Connecticut State Community College (CT State) provides access to academically rigorous and innovative education and training focused on student success. The College supports excellence in teaching and learning, makes data-informed decisions, promotes equity, advances positive change for the students, communities, and industries it serves, and awards associates degrees and certificates.
CT State Community College Vision:
CT State will be recognized for exceptional student success, educational leadership, and transformative collaboration with business and industry, government, educational, and key stakeholders while advancing diverse opportunities for Connecticutâ€™s citizens and communities.
CT State Community College Equity Statement:
The CSCU system commits to bold and disruptive change by actively identifying, naming, and dismantling structural racism, systemic poverty, and other barriers; establishing equitable and anti-racist policies and practices; and empowering students, faculty, staff, and administrators to advance racial, social, and economic justice. Our core collective responsibility is to continuously assess practices and policies and transform the world we live in by eliminating inequities.
Anticipated Start Date:
The Campus Associate Dean of Student Development, reporting directly to the Campus Dean, is responsible for managing day-to-day campus operations of the student services functions of the campus, in close collaboration with all of the CT State Community College Associate Vice-Presidents. These functions shall include Student Life, Student Activities, Student Conduct and Title IX. The Campus Associate Dean, through collaborative work with CT State Community College administration, ensures that all campus student services are operating effectively and develops strong collaborative relationships with all faculty and staff at the campus. This position is responsible for major personnel decisions, or both, including staffing, hiring, firing, evaluation, promotion and training of employees. By working alongside with the Associate Dean for Campus Operations, they shall jointly ensure that students are able to access all academic buildings and services necessary to support student success at the campus.
Incumbents must possess proven ability to effectively work with a culturally, linguistically, and ethnically diverse faculty, staff, and student. They are expected to have excellent oral and written communication skills along with strong Information technology literacy skills such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams etc.)
Masterâ€™s degree in Higher Education, Student Affairs, Counseling, Psychology or in an appropriately related academic discipline with two (2) or more years of administrative and managerial experience in higher education including supervisory experience; or a combination of education, training and experience which would lead to the competencies required for successful performance of the positionâ€™s essential duties.
Successful Candidate must have or must possess:
- Experience in the development and implementation of student conduct matters.
- Experience and working knowledge of regional and specialized accreditation standards relevant to campus programming.
- Experience with leading, directing and evaluating student support staff in a higher education environment.
- Experience with research, information and computer literacy skills, including but not limited to:
o Development of databases in support of outcomes assessment
o Data analysis and interpretation
o Evidence based decision making
- Experience in providing leadership and the demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Experience in working with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of members of the College community, including those with disabilities.
- Experience in operating in a matrixed environment with teams from other areas within the college.
Applicants who do not meet the minimum qualifications as stated are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them for the responsibilities of this position and by providing appropriate references. Exceptions to the degree requirements may be made for compelling reasons.
- Experience and familiarity with Title IX
- Experience in student conduct
- Professional certification in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Example of Job Duties:
Under the direction of the Campus Dean, theÂ Associate Dean of Student Development is responsible for student support services, building student relationships and supporting campus public relations through effective performance in these essential duties:
- Working collaboratively with all campus student support staff to ensure that all campus operations and processes are followed and that students get the support that they need.
- Ensuring that all student activities, campus events, student government activities, etc. follow the approved policies of the Board of Regents and CT State Community College.
- Assuring fidelity with existing policies and procedures in support of students.
- Collaborating with Enrollment Management and Student Affairs leadership and staff in recruitment and retention initiatives.
- Collaborating with all relevant stakeholders to develop programs to support equitable student success and completion, including assessment of both academic and non-academic needs.
- Maintaining community connections, communicating events information and coordinating campus activities that are open to the general public.
This posting includes qualifications, experience and skills but is not limited to the full specifications stated in the job description.
$93,345-$116.681 (midpoint) approximate annual plus excellent State of CT medical insurance, retirement, and related fringe benefits.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well, protect yourself and your family, and plan for a secure future. Benefits include generous leave policies; several retirement plans; and many choices for comprehensive health insurance. You also have access to many additional benefits to save for retirement, protect your family & more with supplemental benefits. Tuition reimbursement may apply if applicable.
To apply you must submit a cover letter and resume.
Incomplete applications or those submitted after the closing date will not be considered and links to other sources to view resumes are not acceptable.
Following the closing date, application materials will be evaluated by a selection committee. Candidates selected for further consideration will be limited to those applicants who are best qualified based on the minimum and preferred qualifications and who have submitted all the required documents by the closing date and time listed on the job announcement. Candidates who have been selected and approved to Interview will be contacted, and finalists will be recommended for further consideration by the Hiring Manager for final selection and recommendation for employment. The selection process may also include practical exercises (i.e., teaching demonstration and/or other written, technical, manipulative, or simulation exercises) to evaluate candidates' qualifications.
All employment, if offered, is contingent upon proof of citizenship or employability under the requirement of the Immigration and Control Act (IRCA) and the successful passing of a background check. CSCU is committed to providing a safe campus community. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check and, when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
Continuing Notice of Nondiscrimination
CSCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, ancestry, present or past history of mental disorder, learning disability or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or criminal record. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Nicholas D'Agostino Director of Equal Employment Opportunity Ndagostino@commnet.edu
CSCC IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, M/F
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*