132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 15 New Jobs Today.
Research Assistant I (part - time)
The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine (HJF) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing military medicine. We serve military, medical, academic and government clients by administering, managing and supporting preeminent scientific programs that benefit members of the armed forces and civilians alike. Since its founding in 1983, HJF has served as a vital link between the military medical community and its federal and private partners. HJF's support and administrative capabilities allow military medical researchers and clinicians to maintain their scientific focus and accomplish their research goals.
HJF is seeking a Research Assistant I to perform research and/or development in collaboration with others for projects. The Research Assistant provides technical support to senior technical and professional staff and solves less complex problems in carrying out research projects in a clinic environment.This is the first of four levels within the Clinical Research Assistant series.
This position will be in support of Pediatrics Obesity Division with the department of Pediatrics located at the Uniformed Services University in Bethesda, MD. This a part time position of up to 25 hours a week.
- Performs research projects, including the collection and organization of data. Follows instructions and standard operating procedures.
- Performs data entry in accurate, timely, and efficient manner. Maintains clear and accurate data collection records and inventories in accordance with Good Clinical and/or Good Laboratory practices.
- Maintains supplies in the laboratory and ensures proper cleanliness and sanitation in accordance with Good Clinical and/or Good Laboratory practices.
Creates, collects, disseminates, and maintains appropriate study data.
Assists in the preparation of technical reports, summaries, and protocols. Creates and communicates detailed observations on experiments.
- Assists in the recruitment consent and assent process of pediatric and adolescent research subjects.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor. This may include attendance of and participation in required training for role.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions.
- Good communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to understand and utilize scientific/medical terminology and research theory in both oral and written communications.
- Ability to use measurable and verifiable information for making decisions or judgments.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- This position will take place primarily in a clinic setting.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 0-2 years experience required
All HJF employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination or an approved religious or medical accommodation will be required.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, education and credentials, a criminal background check, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check if applicable. Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*