132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 22 New Jobs Today.
Vice President of Student Affairs
Seward County Community College is a two-year institution offering 45 programs of study, including Adult Basic Education, certificate programs and Associate of Arts, Science, General Studies and Applied Sciences degrees. Ranked in the top 5% of more than 1,100 accredited community colleges in the U.S. by the Aspen Institute, SCCC serves a student body of 2,500+ students ranging in age from 15 to 85, in a county with the highest foreign-born percentage population in the U.S., and a rural service area of about 50,997 in seven Southwest Kansas counties as well as neighboring counties in southeastern Colorado, the Oklahoma and Texas Panhandles.
The Vice President of Student Affairs is the chief student affairs officer of the college and advises the President on all matters pertaining to the non-academic aspects of student life; serves as the senior executive officer responsible for providing leadership and general engagement of the student services division and campus safety and security. This position also is responsible for creating and maintaining a safe, healthy, and supportive environment and culture that synthesizes the intellectual physical, social, emotional development of the student body.
In addition, this position serves as the Title IX Coordinator for Seward County Community College.
- Provide executive leadership, strategic planning, oversight and coordination of all Student Services Departments in the areas of programming, policy development, human resources and budget management. Responsible for maintaining and enhancing the college's student services and campus safety culture of student success and advancement. Provide leadership and guidance for the development and implementation of high quality and student-centered approaches to support student success. Provides leadership to student services and safety divisions to include Financial Aid, Registrar's Office, Trio program, Student Life and Leadership, Residence Life Safety and Security, Admissions and Recruitment, Athletic Training, and Wellness Center.
- Ensure that the institutional policy and practices provide fair and equitable treatment of all students. Oversee the student complaint process and judicial board hearings. Responsible for enforcing the Student Code of Conduct.
- Provide college wide leadership by working with faculty, staff, and students in establishing community partnerships. Develop strategies for promoting student engagement and learning in collaboration with Academic Affairs.
- Serve on college committees to include, but are not limited to: Assessment Committee, Enrollment Management Committee, Financial Aid Appeals Committee, Allied Health Admissions Committee, HLC Committee, Safety and Security Committee, Title IX Committee.
- Oversees annual production of Student Handbook, College Catalog, and other documents.
- Serves as SCCC's Title IX Coordinator. Oversees and coordinates Title IX Team. Coordinates SCCC compliance with implementing Title IV, Title VII, Title IX, the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the College President.
A Master's degree or a specialized certification program taking one year or more of coursework beyond a Bachelor's degree.
At least ten years of increasingly responsible experience in Student Affairs.
Competitive salary. Participation in college Flexible Benefits program which includes options for single and family health and dental coverage, optional insurances, and reimbursement accounts. Other benefits include: income protection insurance; matching annuity; SCCC tuition reimbursement for employee and dependents; annual and sick leave allowances and participation in social security (FICA) and state retirement programs (KPERS).
Salary Range:Â Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Position Status:Â Full-time
Application Deadline:Â March 10, 2023
Start Date:Â 06/01/2023
- We regret that the College is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status.
- Successful applicant will be required to pass a criminal background check prior to employment.
- Separate application required for additional or future openings.
Applications may be emailed toÂ email@example.com, faxed to 620-417-1124 or mailed. Direct inquiries to Human Resources at 620-417-1123.
How to Apply
To be considered, all of the following materials must be submitted to the address below:
- Completed and signed Seward County Community College application.
- Cover letter of letter of interest.
- Job-related resume including contact information for three professional references.
- Transcripts from all post-secondary institutions (copies are acceptable)
If employed, it is the responsibility of the candidate to provide official transcripts within 30 days.(Foreign transcripts must be translated and evaluated to determine equivalency to U.S. standards.Any fee for such services is paid by the applicant.)
If any of the required materials are not submitted with your application packet, your application will be deemed incomplete and will not be forwarded to the committee for screening. Please notify Human Resources if you require any special accommodation(s) in meeting these requirements.
Human Resources Office
Vice President of Student Affairs
Seward County Community College
PO Box 1137
Liberal KS 67901-1137
More information about Seward County Community College can be found atÂ www.sccc.edu
The search committee will conduct all minimum qualification appraisals as set forth on the position announcement and job description and reserve the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant an interview. Applicants selected for an interview will be notified of the time and place of the interview. Interviews are usually conducted on campus by the search committee. Additional interviews and/or teaching demonstrations may be required.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
EOE/Drug Free Campus
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*