132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 22 New Jobs Today.
Instructor of Accounting
The Department of Business Administration and Accounting at Saint Michaelâ€™s College is inviting applications for a full-time Instructor of Accounting position to begin in August 2023. Teaching will include six courses (3 per semester) per academic year. Courses taught will depend on a selected candidateâ€™s background but may include Financial, Managerial, Intermediate, Cost, Federal Income Taxation, Non-Profit, or Auditing. There may also be an opportunity to teach courses in the Departmentâ€™s Business Administration program or the Collegeâ€™s interdisciplinary programs. We have a small but robust Accounting program, and we are passionate about preparing our students for success post-graduation. We are proud to fulfill Saint Michaelâ€™s vision to graduate students prepared to Do Well and Do Good. Innovative approaches to teaching, enthusiasm, and effective use of technology are preferred to foster experiential learning and achieve learning outcomes. In addition to teaching, the selected candidate will serve as an academic advisor and mentor to Business Administration and Accounting students.
The college is committed to supporting diversity and inclusivity among students, faculty, and staff; therefore, all members of the community are expected to contribute to fostering an inclusive and equitable learning and working environment. Applicants with past experiences and contributions to creating such an environment will be given strong consideration.
Benefits include health, dental, vision, employer paid life and disability insurance, voluntary life, critical illness and accident insurance options, parental leave, flexible spending accounts (healthcare and dependent care), 401(k), employee and dependent tuition benefits, employee assistance program, well-being programs and opportunities, discounted gym membership, paid volunteer time, use of the athletic facilities and the library, and countless opportunities to attend presentations, lectures, and other campus activities.
- An earned graduate degree in accounting (or in relevant business field) is required
- Accounting professional certification AND significant relevant professional experience are preferred
- Teaching experience preferred
- Willingness to collaborate and actively engage in department and college events and meetings, curriculum development and program assessment, on-campus student recruitment open houses, and potential mentoring/coaching of student teams or associations
An offer of employment will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Please be prepared to attach the following documents after clicking on the Apply Now button:
- RÃ©sumÃ© or Curriculum Vitae
- A cover letter that includes detailing your relevant professional and/or teaching experience and approaches to cultivating a learning environment that is inclusive and equitable for all students
- Samples of teaching evaluations with student comments (if applicable)
- Contact information for three references. Letters and transcripts may be requested at a later stage
Review of applications will begin onÂ February 24, 2023, and continue until the position is filled.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*