132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 32 New Jobs Today.
This job has Expired
Planning Research Analyst Sr
Are you looking for a place to work where you can make a real difference in the lives of over 200,000 college students every year?
Would you like to be part of an organization that adds $7.2 billion dollars to the economy and supports nearly 100,000 jobs in the fastest growing county in the United States?
Whether youâ€™re teaching, working, or learning Make It Happen At Maricopa County Community Colleges!
What's Currently Happening at Maricopa
- Many of our campuses have received grant awards through the National Science Foundation to improve undergraduate STEM Education: Hispanic-Serving institutions program (HSI Program).
- Commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity and employee groups to create an environment of shared governance
- One of the largest community college systems in the country
- 2020 Healthy Arizona Worksites Program recipient
- Named 19th Best Employer for Women by Forbes
- 2019 No. 42 in Arizonaâ€™s Best Employers
The Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) is committed to providing you with a competitive, comprehensive benefits program that provides the care you and your family need to lead healthy and productive lives. Our benefits are designed to provide support for every life stage and lifestyle in our community.
Benefits & Perks Options
- Paid observed federal holidays & additional paid time off throughout the year
- Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) & 12% Employee Contribution Match
- Paid vacation, sick, and personal time (if applicable)
- Multiple health and dental insurance coverage plans
- Virtual: Reach a doctor 24/7
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Maricopa Perks & Gears Discount Program
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- $4,000 Annual professional development growth funding (if applicable)
- Tuition reimbursement for employee and dependents (if applicable)
- Revised summer work schedule
- Maricopa Employee Health & Wellness Program
- Employee recognition opportunities
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
South Mountain Community College is searching for a Planning and Research Analyst Sr. this position will be reporting to the Dean of Planning, Research and Development, the Planning and Research Analyst Sr. collects, analyzes, interprets, reports and maintains data for use in decision-making, organizational performance monitoring, and planning. This position serves as a subject matter expert in district databases, data reporting and data visualization. The position conducts complex analysis in an ethical and sustainable manner. The Planning and Research Analyst Sr. demonstrates a commitment to service excellence, innovation, integrity, and equitable student access and success in the performance of job duties.
40% - Data Extraction and Preparation â€“ Develop programs and queries to access, cleanse and extract data from data warehouses and other data sources using tools such as Hyperion,Tableau, or other query tools. Creates data models that support sustainable, scalable reporting.
25% - Dashboard and Report Development - Create and update visualizations, reports and dashboards, primarily using Tableau software, to inform decision making.
25% - Data Analysis and Reporting â€“ Routinely perform complex, highly visible and potentially sensitive research and analysis. Collects, compiles, analyzes, interprets and maintains institutional data for use in decision making. Composes, reviews and finalizes original comprehensive and complex documents, reports and visualizations utilizing tools such as Excel, SPSS and Tableau. Manages large scale and/or complex projects, programs or studies having significant District-wide impact and effect.
10% - Consulting and Decision Support â€“ Serves as a subject-matter expert by providing professional level staff support, consultation and assistance to committees, departments and employees which may include performing research, authoring documents, making presentations and providing technical assistance. Assists with the coordination of District-wide data collaboration; other duties as assigned.
Bachelorâ€™s Degree in business statistics, educational studies, business administration or directly related field and four years of professional-level experience in research and analysis that includes responsibility for coordinating projects and programs.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above, unless otherwise subject to any other requirements set forth in law or regulation.
A. Demonstrated experience or education/certification in SQL query development
B. Demonstrated experience or education/certification in Tableau or PowerBI
C. One (1) or more years of experience using Tableau or Power BI to create data visualizations, reports and dashboards in a professional setting
D. Experience working in an institutional research or effectiveness office in higher education
E. Bachelorâ€™s Degree from an accredited institution in Business, Public Administration, Computer Studies or Educational Studies
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume showing how the applicant meets the minimum and desired qualifications. All minimum requirements must be met at the time of the application.
Additional materials will not be accepted after the job posting has closed.
Missing materials or incomplete employment historyÂ will notÂ be considered.
Please ensure your materials clearly provide the following information.
- Clearly illustrate how prior experience, knowledge and education meet the minimum and desired qualifications for this position.
- Indicate whether former or current employment is Full-Time or;
- Part-Time employment, to include Adjunct or Associate Professor (must include number of hours worked, contact hours or load)
- Provide employment history in a month/year format (e.g., 09/07 to 10/11) including job title, job duties, for each position held and name of employer for each position.
- Three professional references, preferably current and/or former supervisors. If references are not provided in resume upon application, they will be requested at time of interview.
Open until filled
First review on 2/21/2023
Applications received after the review date may not be screened
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) will not discriminate, nor tolerate discrimination in employment or education, against any applicant, employee, or student because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status (including document abuse), age, disability, veteran status or genetic information.
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, states: "No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance."
The policy of the MCCCD is to provide an educational, employment, and business environment free of gender discrimination. Incidents of misconduct should be reported to the college Title IX Coordinator, as outlined in policy, contact information is available at this link Title IX Coordinators.
The Clery Act is a Federal law requiring United States Colleges and Universities to disclose information about crime on and around their campuses. Crime reporting data for each of theÂ Maricopa Community Colleges, as required under the Clery Act, is available at this link Clery Act
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*