This job has Expired
Executive and Fundraising Assistant
Executive and Fundraising Assistant
Feminist Majority Foundation is seeking applicants for a full-time Executive and Fundraising Assistant, based in the organization’s Los Angeles office.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The Executive and Fundraising Assistant supports the Executive Director and Development Team in day-to-day fundraising and long-term development projects. Applicants should enjoy a fast-paced environment, have a customer service orientation, be professional, organized and proactive in identifying and solving problems, and demonstrate an ability to set and reset priorities. This is a full-time position in the FMF’s Los Angeles office. Some travel and evening work.
- Coordinate donor communications and solicitations, field phone calls, respond to emails, schedule meetings and appointments for Executive Director with donors.
- Conduct donor and foundation research.
- Work with Executive Director and Development Team in planning and executing in-person and virtual events, including logistics and materials, liaison with vendors and venues as appropriate; prepare check requests and process invoices.
- Maintain up to date CRM database of donor contact information; process and record check, credit card, online donations and pledges through CRM database.
- Manage donor acknowledgment and continued support.
- Undertake special assignments as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Four-year college degree required, with a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a non-profit, preferably in a fundraising/development or communications related role in an office setting, and with a passion for feminist issues.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required, along with outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- The ability to multi-task and work with a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to strictly safeguard confidential information.
- Willingness to engage with donors and volunteers.
- The ability to meet deadlines, and work both independently and with minimal supervision at times.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; familiarity with CRM platforms, preferably EveryAction. Familiarity with WordPress a plus.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary range: $50,000 to $65,000, commensurate with experience. This is a salaried, full-time in-office position, requiring confidentiality. Excellent benefits package that includes health, dental and short- and long-term disability insurance, paid sick, family and medical leave, three weeks of vacation and holidays, 403b plan. FMF requires documentation of COVID-19 full vaccination of all employees.
FMF is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including people of color, people with disabilities and LBGTQ individuals. We strive for a diverse workforce, and we acknowledge that our diversity also comes from our experiences and perspectives. We want all staff and team members to be treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to ensuring that you can carry out your assigned mission in an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
If interested, please submit a cover letter outlining your qualifications and interest in the position and in Feminist Majority Foundation, resumé and references to FMFWestCoastjobs@feminist.org, with “Executive and Fundraising Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
The Feminist Majority Foundation (FMF) is a national organization founded in 1987 to develop bold, new strategies and programs to advance equality, non-violence, and the empowerment of women and girls in all sectors of society. Our research and action programs focus on advancing legal, social and political equality, countering the backlash to advancement, and recruiting and training young feminists to encourage future leadership for the feminist movement in the United States. Since 2001, Feminist Majority Foundation has published the iconic Ms. magazine; launched in 1972, today Ms. remains the most trusted, popular source for feminist news, analysis and information in its print magazine, website, social media, podcasts, events, and email newsletters.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*