This job has Expired
Adjunct Instructor, Accounting
Are you interested in advancing health equity and having a global impact? The University of Health Sciences and Pharmacy in St. Louis (UHSP) recently made a multi-million-dollar investment to launch the College of Global Population Health (COGPH), the first of its kind in the US with a global emphasis on population health. The vision of the college is to transform the health outcomes of populations near and far to create a more equitable future for all, and we are looking for a few adjunct faculty interested in joining our growing college.
The COGPH at UHSP in St. Louis is seeking an adjunct instructor to create and teach a pre-requisite Accounting I course for our new BS in Healthcare Administration program. We are looking for the selected adjunct to create the course during the spring 2023 semester. This 3-credit hour accounting course should be designed to expose undergraduate students to a variety of accounting principles and an array of practice opportunities that they will apply as future health care leaders and professionals. This course may also serve as an elective for other students enrolled in various programs at UHSP, including Pharm.D. students. The accounting course would then be taught in the Fall 2023 semester preferably in-person on campus, but potentially synchronously or asynchronously online.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and education for course development and teaching, but teaching compensation will vary based on the number of course sections taught. We are also hiring an adjunct to develop and teach a Business Law course and other opportunities may exist for developing and teaching additional courses in the Healthcare Administration and Management program.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Develop and design the course, create and deliver lectures, prepare and administer tests and assignments, and conduct the grading of all course-related work.
- Provide dynamic and effective teaching of a 3-credit hour accounting course with a healthcare lens.
- Be available for contact by students at arranged times out of class. If remote, have weekly virtual office hours.
- Communicate regularly with full-time faculty in the COGPH at UHSP, especially the Program Director of the Healthcare Administration program.
- Follow UHSP teaching and faculty guidelines for adjunct faculty.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- A Masters degree or Ph.D. in business, accounting or a closely related field.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience teaching at the undergraduate level preferred (virtually and/or in-person).
- Willingness to incorporate diversity, cultural-competency and social justice into teaching.
If this sounds like the job for you here is information on how to apply:
Follow the simple steps to apply online and submit a CV and second document with cover letter and references. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
University of Health Sciences & Pharmacy in St. Louis is proud to be recognized in 2022 as a Great College to Work For for diversity, inclusion and belonging, faculty and staff well-being and shared governance. We value the benefits of a diverse student body and workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. The Universitys employment policy shall be supported through a continuing affirmative action commitment that embodies the standards of equal employment opportunities for all persons. EOE/M/F/Veteran/Disabled.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $3,000.00 - $6,000.00 per year
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*