132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 19 New Jobs Today.
This job has Expired
Nursing Program Administrator
Responsible to serve as the Program Administrator for the Associate Degree Nursing program and works to manage the day-to-day operations for the program including but not limited to the programâ€™s didactic and clinical education elements; program assessment; policies and procedures; scheduling of program faculty and accreditations. Primary duties involve exercising discretion and independent judgement in matters of significance such as program budget, equipment maintenance and purchase requests; lab fees; policies and procedures; faculty development and assessment; and program accreditation.
On-campus position starting in July.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
Develops, maintains, and revises program curriculum, course content, and assessment processes as appropriate to meet established program objectives; student learning outcomes; currency in nursing practices; and accreditation criteria. Serves as instructor for nursing courses as needed.
Works with the Academic Dean to formulate and administer College policies and developing long range goals and objectives for both the institution and the nursing program. Ensures compliance with the Ohio Board of Nursing rules.
Oversees full and part-time nursing faculty
Evaluates full and Part-time nursing faculty while promoting professional development
- Oversees implementation of program objectives and student outcomes.
Works with the Academic Division Dean, and the Marketing Department or Auxiliary Services to market the nursing program.
Leads faculty in program evaluation, curriculum review and development. Maintains records and prepares statistical reports.
Oversees laboratory and faculty needs.
Oversees articulation agreements related to the Nursing program with area high schools and technology centers.
Works with the Faculty to plan class schedules, clinical assignments, and faculty workloads. Recruits both full and part-time instructional staff.
Provides guidance and expertise to other programs, adjunct or clinical. Works with a high degree of morale and satisfaction with those engaged in doing the work. Provides consultation and advice to clinical teaching personnel, faculty, teaching assistants and preceptors as requested.
Participates in activities that enhance professional skills and development. Demonstrates continuing professional development as an educator and participates in the annual evaluation processes.
Focuses the program to meet the needs of the service area. Works with advising staff to make sure the program is understood. Assists student advising. Recruits students for the nursing program.
Participates effectively in campus councils, committees, task forces, or work groups. Conducts regular advisory board meetings. Participates in and contributes to departmental meetings.
Supports the mission of the program, division, and College. Actively participates in community organizations, service groups, or events sponsored by the campus for the community.
Completes other duties as assigned.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Management and/or teaching experience preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to student success and to enhancing teaching and learning
- Ability to work collaboratively with peers across disciplines, functional units, and external partners
- Ability to lead faculty teams in projects and the development of new programs and projects
- Must be open minded and a creative thinker and problem solver
- Effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills
- Effective analytical skills to interpret data
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient in word-processing and presentation software, internet, and e-mail.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software applications
- Knowledge of curriculum development and outcomes assessment preferred
- Experience working in the community and with community outreach preferred
Education and Work Experience:
- Masterâ€™s Degree in Nursing required
- At least five years of experience in the practice of nursing as a registered nurse, two of which have been as a faculty member in a registered nursing education program required
- Teaching experience at a community college strongly preferred
- Experience in providing guidance to faculty and staff in daily divisional operations, budget management and program coordination desired
- Demonstrated leadership skills desired
Certificates and Licenses:
Current, active licensure, with no restrictions as a registered nurse in Ohio required.
- Full-time and part-time nursing faculty
- Nursing lab staff
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*