132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 70 New Jobs Today.
This job has Expired
Associate Dean, Instruction
Â Associate Dean, Instruction
SalaryÂ $69,000.00 - $89,700.00 Annually
Location:Â Â Bullhead City, AZ
Job Type :Â Full-time
Department :Â Instruction
Job Number :Â 13-01194
Closing LÂ 2/22/2023 3:00 PM Arizona
Located about 100 miles southeast of Las Vegas, Nevada, Mohave Community College is a comprehensive community college serving Mohave County in the northwest portion of the State of Arizona and its neighboring communities in California, Nevada, and Utah. With over 13,000 students each year on campuses in Kingman, Lake Havasu City, Bullhead City, and Colorado City, and an extensive online education program, MCC's mission is to serve our communities, empowering students to succeed through innovative pathways and quality education.
Mohave Community College seeks a dynamic and visionary leader.
What we'll love about you:
Your record of excellence in leadership, working with others in the spirit of partnership, transparency and care, to inspire action.
- Your unwavering commitment to the academic, emotional, and social development of all students.
- Your ability to plan for change in ways that ensure broad buy-in and action that, in turn, significantly improves student success.
- Your ability to build long-lasting, engaged, and collaborative relationships, paving the way for ongoing student success by forging partnerships with outside entities, including K-12 school districts, four-year colleges, community-based organizations, and employers.
- Your strong ethical orientation and ability to make discerning, evidence-based decisions.
- Your ability to build effective and cohesive teams with a common commitment to and focus on student success.
- We create the future byÂ cultivating relentless curiosity in our students and each other to unlock new opportunities and break barriers. We take risks, adapt to oncoming challenges and opportunities, and engineer new ideas as we learn together from our mistakes and successes.
- We engage fearlessly, bringing passion and energy to our work by dreaming big, being bold, having fun, and fostering a caring environment. Celebrating each other and our results with enthusiasm makes our work meaningful and exciting.
- We build together. Our individual differences and backgrounds strengthen our teams, where we seek input and ensure every voice is heard. We amplify our impact when we empower each other to take ownership and work together toward common vision.
- We live authentically, being our best when we share information openly, create clarity, invite stakeholders to participate in decision-making, and communicate with utmost respect.
- We care!Â We care about our students, our communities and each other, finding ways to actively engage and invest in the success of those we serve.
The Associate Dean provides direction in developing, expanding, revising, improving, and ensuring the successful operation of multiple functional areas within area of interest.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
Provides leadership in planning, implementing, evaluating, and modifying programs, processes, and operations related to assigned areas of interest.?
- Supervises fulltime and part time area of interest faculty, evaluates educational content, manages scheduling changes, faculty grade and reporting deadlines and coordinates develops professional development opportunities for full time and part time area of interest faculty.
- Represents area of interest and academic division on college wide and community committees, work groups and or task forces.?
- Responsible for maintaining faculty staffing for area of interest.
- Uses data from program income and expenses, enrollment trends, periodic program reviews, community needs, to assist in determining faculty staffing needs.
- Completes a review of the instructional needs for the program when existing faculty positions are vacant, reviews the job description, and completes the Request to Staff and Fund including supporting evidence prior to the deadlines established by HR.
- Chairs the selection committee for full time faculty, reviews the interview questions with the committee for currency, completes reference checks, and submits recommendation for hire to the president once HR has completed the final paperwork for hiring; follows the hiring process for part-time?faculty.
- Coordinates and finalizes the evaluation process for faculty; and evaluates staff performance by completing the process by the established deadline as needed
- Coordinates and facilitates the meetings and work of the Area of Interest Leadership Team.?
- Establishes, maintains, and coordinates the activities of an Area of interest Advisory Committee that includes a diversity of both internal and external stakeholders and subject matter experts to ensure programs are meeting community needs.
- Serves as the primary representative on behalf of the area of interest to internal and external groups/stakeholders.
- Coordinates with Student Services on the onboarding practices such as new student orientation to assist students to enter the area of interest.
- Collaborates with Office of College Communications to promote courses, certificates and degree programs in area of interest.
- Collaborates with faculty and Student Success to monitor the progress of students within the area of interest and intervene as necessary to promote student success, completion, and transition.
- Build community within the area of interest and work with students, faculty, support staff, and community/industry representatives to provide the best opportunity for student success
- Organizes area of interest-related events and activities that develop community, build relationships, and helps students persist and succeed.
- Collaborates with area of interest faculty and students to provide opportunities for students to have experiences that result in collaboration/relationships, immersion, and the synthesis and application of their learning.
- Follows the college procedures for student issues linked to faculty and in the case of any Title IX issues, immediately notify the Title IX Director of any instances of Title IX violations.
- Assist with the recruitment, orientation, and retention of students.
- Collaborate with the Corporate and Community Education coordinator to offer non-credit and community outreach programs
- Develops and monitors area of interest the budget, and approve budget expenditures.
- Oversees faculty advising in area of interest.?
- Creates a college-wide schedule for area of interest courses in collaboration with other associate deans.
- Uses?college data to determine the schedule
- Reviews the data with faculty in the development of a draft schedule
- Assigns faculty to courses
- Reviews schedule data to ensure full time faculty are teaching full course loads.
- Follows process for canceling classes due to low enrollment by notifying students and reassigning full time faculty.
- Creates and nurtures a climate of curricular and program innovation
- Advocate for and support the development of innovative curriculum and programs
- Reviews and resolves curricular and programmatic issues across academic divisions
- Manages and oversees the area of interest curriculum as necessary to ensure effective, efficient, and relevant programming as it pertains to student success
- Ensures that subject experts and industry partners are vetting the curriculum on a regular basis
- Works with faculty and other associate deans to promote the development of alternative delivery formats for courses and programs?
- Fully support, in all applicable decisions, the college mission, vision, values, and philosophy and ensure all forms of cost-effective and high quality educational content is delivered in a timely manner
- Provides leadership, support, and mentoring for assessment and accreditation activities in the area of interest.
- Serves as the primary lead on the five-year program review and curriculum assessment reports for the area of interest degrees and certificates
- Serves as the primary lead on the assessment of student learning for the area of interest degree competencies and collaborate with program faculty/directors as necessary on course-level assessment for discipline specific courses offered within the area of interest
- Collaborate with the Director of Assessment to ensure that programs without a lead faculty assigned to the AD follow the process of assessing student learning and reporting assessment using the current Program Review tools.
Master?s degree, three years? experience as an instructor, two years leadership experience in higher education, preferably at the community college level. Preferred qualifications.
- Master?s degree, three years? experience as an instructor, three years leadership experience leading and coordinating the work of other staff, preparing and monitoring budgets, partnership building, collaboration, and program planning in higher education at the community college level.
- Coaching and Developing Others:Â Guides others on how to anticipate, define and solve problems. Identifies areas for and supports employee development opportunities. Participates in specific assignments or projects to challenge and stretch own abilities and self-confidence. Gives others the autonomy to approach issues in their own way, including the opportunity to make and learn from mistakes.
- Innovative and Creative Thinking:Â Takes "smart" risks including trying new and different ways to get the job done. unique ideas. Integrates input and ideas from different sources to share information and or explore opportunities. Brainstorms and encourages new ideas and solutions. Develops new approaches or programs that prove to be effective.
- Leadership:Â Understands how organizations work and ably maneuvers and executes within the organizational structure and networks. Understands and supports organizational policies, procedures and systems, reconciling ambiguities and deficiencies. Works cooperatively with others, establishes rapport, and is organizationally sensitive. Builds trust through straightforwardness and consistency. Inspires employees to perform at their best. Is informed and knowledgeable about industry trends and organizational initiatives; appropriately aligns skills with organizational initiatives.
- Project or Program management:Â Anticipates obstacles and develops contingency plans. Understands and integrates appropriate project management tools and processes. Understands the impact of a project directly to and across various functions. Makes timely decisions based on facts, circumstances and needs.
- Relationship Building:Â Facilitates dialogue to gain agreement using sound rationale to explain value of actions. Uses diplomacy to build partnerships. Promotes and models collegiality. Consistently promotes and maintains a harmonious and productive work environment. Is respected and trusted and often viewed as a role model.
- Understanding of leadership theories, principles, practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of operational management of academic programs.
- Knowledge of teaching effectiveness
- Knowledge of leading, directing and evaluating faculty and staff in a higher education environment.
- Knowledge gained from relevant experience in associate degree education and demonstrated understanding of a comprehensive community college
- Knowledge of educational pedagogy and student success strategies applicable for the diverse community college student body
- Knowledge of record keeping procedures
- Knowledge of budget preparation and maintenance Knowledge of appropriate software and databases
- Ability to identify problems, analyze information and make recommendations.
- Ability to acquire, allocate and manage resources related to area of interest.
- Ability to develop strategic instruction and student development goals and objectives.
- Ability to communicate effectively within a diverse population at various educational levels.
- Ability to mediate?conflict related to courses and programs between faculty, staff and/or students.
- Ability to establish and maintaining collaborative working relationships with all segments of the college and external agencies.
- Ability to supervise, train and provide work direction to others
- Ability to communicate efficiently both orally and in writing
- Ability to be creative, innovative and willing to take risks to accomplish the goals of the institution.
- Ability to analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate with diverse range of stakeholders.
- Proven management and leadership skills including forecasting, planning, organizing, reporting, communicating, supervising, delegating, and evaluating
1. A complete online employment application form.
- Please do not state "See RÃ©sumÃ©" on any part of the application. Blank spaces may be cause for rejection of the application. The college will not return application materials submitted.
2. Cover letter addressing the criteria listed in the job announcement and your qualifications for this position.
3. RÃ©sumÃ© or curriculum vitae. Optional, but encouraged.
4. Transcripts of all college work. (Unofficial transcripts or photocopies will be accepted to establish the application file. Official transcripts will be required if the candidate is offered the position.)
Items 2-4 may either be attached electronically to the application, submitted by email to email@example.com (subject line must include the position number - emails with attachments and blank subject lines are automatically quarantined by our SPAM filter) or mailed to the address below (position number must be included on all documents):
Mohave Community College
1971 Jagerson Avenue
Kingman, AZ 86409
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*