132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 14 New Jobs Today.
American Museum Of Natural History
The American Museum of Natural History seeks an enterprising Gift Officer who will work to secure four- and five-figure annual gifts from mid-level individual donors and prospects. The Gift Officer will proactively engage philanthropic members, benefit event supporters, annual fund donors, and others, to renew and increase annual giving, as well as qualify and cultivate donors and prospects with the goal of building the major gifts pipeline.
The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic self-starter capable of establishing and fostering philanthropic connections that contribute to current and future fundraising goals for a preeminent scientific and cultural institution with more than 150 years of history.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build and manage a dynamic portfolio of mid-level individual donors and prospects, with the goal of activating unqualified donor potential.
- Renew, increase, and source new unrestricted funding toward philanthropic membership, benefit event, annual fund, and other donations, working in close collaboration with development colleagues.
- Establish and maintain an up-to-date understanding of membership benefits and event experiences.
- Plan, execute, and host various cultivation and stewardship activities, including one-on-one and volunteer council meetings, tours, and other small gatherings.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Museum colleagues, including fellow Institutional Advancement staff, scientists, educators, and exhibition specialists.
- Maintain current and accurate records in Raiser's Edge database.
The expected salary range for the Gift Officer is $70,000 - 85,000. The AMNH offers an extensive benefits package designed to meet the needs of our dedicated and diverse community.
Pay will be determined based on several factors. The hiring range for the position at commencement is based on the type of work and the scope of responsibilities. The salary and placement offered is based on a number of individualized factors, including, but not limited to, skills, knowledge, training, education, credentials, areas of specialization and depth and scope of experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 5+ years professional experience, at least 2 of which is in a donor-facing role in development.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to exercise flexibility, good judgement, and discretion.
- Attentive to detail, while adapting quickly to, planning for, and managing multiple projects in a fast-paced setting.
- Ability to function independently yet work in a centralized development structure.
- Understanding of the Museums mission and the ability to be an effective spokesperson and representative.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs, internet applications, and fundraising databases.
- Ability to travel locally and work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Raisers Edge experience, a plus.
- Bachelors degree.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: careers.amnh.org
The American Museum of Natural History is one of the world's preeminent scientific and cultural institutions. Since its founding in 1869, the Museum has advanced its global mission to discover, interpret and disseminate information about human cultures, the natural world and the universe through a wide-ranging program of scientific research, education and exhibition. The Museum is renowned for its exhibitions and scientific collections, which serve as a field guide to the entire planet and present a panorama of the world's cultures.
The American Museum of Natural History is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Museum does not discriminate with respect to employment, or admission or access to Museum facilities, programs or activities on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, alienage or citizenship status, current or former participation in the uniformed services, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin, or on account of any other basis prohibited by applicable City, State, or Federal law.
If special accommodations are needed in applying for a position, please call the Office of Human Resources.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*