132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 70 New Jobs Today.
Reports to: a member of the Executive Team
The Trevor Project is the world’s largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for LGBTQ young people. We are a non-profit that provides 24/7 life-saving support via phone, text, and chat. We also operate the world’s largest safe space social networking site for LGBTQ youth and run innovative research, education, and advocacy programs. We’ve been saving lives every day for over 20 years.
Overview of the role
The Executive Assistant is responsible for supporting multiple executives and making sure their days run smoothly and efficiently so their best positioned to contribute to the life saving work of The Trevor Project. You will be a second brain for executives, able to anticipate and plan ahead, making sure that meetings are scheduled promptly, that correspondence is responded to in a timely way and that executives are spending their time on the highest leverage items. You will work collaboratively with all verticals at The Trevor Project and acts as a representative for the executives they support both with internal and external stakeholders.
Who you are
Organized. You can keep track of 100 different things at once. It’s NBD for you to manage multiple busy calendars while responding to tons of emails and answering calls
People person. As one of the main partners for multiple executives, you are always friendly, kind and professional. You love working with people, including your amazing colleagues, and are a collaborative team player
Attentive to detail. You sweat the small stuff. You always double-check spellings of names, exact addresses and times of meetings
Clear communicator. You are direct and concise. You speak and write eloquently, whether over the phone, in person, via e-mail and snail mail
Trustworthy. You handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
Innovative. You look at the way things are and then imagine 20 ways they can be improved. You’re always thinking about ways things can be run more effectively
Results-focused. You set clear timelines and drive processes to completion. You move with a sense of urgency and know how to get things done
Flexible. You are comfortable navigating ambiguity and working through competing priorities.
Passionate. You care about LGBTQ youth. You care about saving lives. You want to come to work and feel inspired every day. You want to change the world.
Fun. The work we do is very serious, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have fun. We know how to have a good time and you should too.
What You'll Do
- Own and manage multiple executives’ calendars, scheduling (and potentially rescheduling) internal and external meetings and appointments. This includes thinking proactively about competing priorities, travel times between meetings, and blocking enough time to process emails and complete tasks
- Book and manage travel for multiple executives and ensure they get from one place to another safely and on time
- Ensure that executives’ time is being spent effectively and efficiently
- Complete expense reports, data entry, and other administrative tasks
- Lead the preparation and editing of agendas, briefings, talking points, draft emails, presentations, memos, and other important documents
- Research and organize information for projects or initiatives
- Manage and complete special projects that support the needs of the executives’
- Other tasks, duties or special projects as assigned
- Generous vacation and holidays (like a full day off to celebrate Harvey Milk Day!), including three half-day Fridays during the summer
- Comprehensive health insurance, including coverage for various gender affirmation surgeries (and we pay 100% of your premiums for medical, dental, and life)
- Flexibility to work from the continental US, Alaska, or Hawaii (we provide the technology, a monthly internet reimbursement, and a reimbursement to outfit your work-from-home space!)
- Fun virtual office environment and passionate team
- Online Subscription to Headspace, a digital meditation platform
- Meaningful work at an organization that is saving the lives of LGBTQ young people globally every day
The Trevor Project provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. The Trevor Project complies with all applicable laws.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*