132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 22 New Jobs Today.
Senior Development Manager
Senior Development Manager
Full Job Description
Description: Southwest Youth & Family Services is growing its fundraising team and hiring a new Senior Development Manager position! Join a growing, focused and fun philanthropy team with a strong, mission focused approach to community partnerships and philanthropy.
The new SWYFS Senior Development Manager is a key member of the 4-person development team - successfully guiding our philanthropic efforts with individual, corporate and foundation partners. This team has met or exceeded its philanthropic goals for several years and is now ready to grow! Specifically, the SWYFS Senior Development Manager will lead a team to raise vital support for a variety of important SWYFS programs, all of which serve BIPOC communities and low income families.
Check out this video highlighting just one of our many signature programs known as BAM to see our mission in action!
This is an amazing opportunity for the right person to be part of our team at an exciting time. Specifically, we are seeking candidates with 3-5 years of successful fundraising experience (see job description below) and someone who aligns strongly with SWYFS's values and mission.
This position is full time, 36 hours per week(exempt position), flexible schedule required with compensation being $70,000-75,000 annually DOE. Benefits include employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability, STD, LTD and life insurance; generous sick and vacation time including 10 paid holidays and a 2 week paid holiday break in December as well as a Costco membership.
- Manage the SWYFS development program to help ensure successful achievement of agency philanthropy goals with individuals, corporations, and foundations.
- Works closely with a 4-person dev team, program directors, finance directors and administration to communicate and activate yearly development strategies.
- Establishes and maintains contact/relationships with key volunteers/committees, sponsors/donors, agency stakeholders, vendors/contacts and program officers to advance strategies.
- Spearheads SWYFS annual giving campaign held in November annually.
- Plays key team role in directly securing sustained philanthropic support.
- Manages the donor facing and back-office components of the development department to ensure successful implementation.
- Oversees donor database (Bloomerang) and ensures timely gift entry, prompt donor acknowledgments, reports and ensures reconciliation with our finance department.
- Plays lead team role on agency signature special event.
- Serves as a confident and knowledgeable SWYFS representative
- Gain and maintain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of agency policies and procedures.
- Assist other staff members in developing written materials as needed and requested.
- Represent Southwest Youth and Family Services in community forums, meetings and other environments as needed, or requested by supervisor
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Requirements: What the successful Senior Development Manager will have:
- Demonstrated successful experience (3-5 years) within development or similar field.
- Direct experience with corporate, foundation and individual fundraising
- Experienced with non-profit events, marketing (social media focus) and being part of a development team.
- Clear and persuasive writing and speaking skills, excellent English, and the ability to edit others’ work; ability to tell a compelling story.
- Comfortable and competent in donor database environment
- Ability to work effectively and flexibly in a deadline driven environment.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office Suite, social media platforms and donor software.
- Strong ability or willingness to communicate in culturally competent manner among staff members, colleagues, and persons and communities served by SWYFS.
- Ability to work comfortably and effectively with people and groups of varying racial, ethnic, educational, and backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently and in teams as required.
- Willingness to submit to and pass a criminal background check.
- Preferred but not required: Clear driving record with no more than two moving violations in the last three years; access to a working automobile; and proof of insurance.
SWYFS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), committed to a diverse workforce. Women, minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.*
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*