This job has Expired
Physical Plant Coordinator
Physical Plant Coordinator
At Cleveland State our mission is to build strong minds, careers and communities throughÂ exceptional teaching and learning, workforce development and service. We wish to hire individualsÂ with similar values who can help us accomplish those goals.
CLEVELAND STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
is accepting applications for the following position:
Physical Plant Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary Range:Â $35,170 - $42,200
The Physical Plant Coordinator is under the general supervision of the Director. Work performed in
packing and shipping, inspecting and receiving, taking inventory of supplies, materials and
equipment; and performing related work as required.
- Responsible for reconciliation, preparation and submission of various weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual Cleveland State reports pertaining to Physical Plant department planning, operation, and budgets, EH&S training and compliance reports, property inventory reports, college mail processing and expenditure reports, fleet management and fuel reports, and copy paper distribution reports.
- Prepare reports and agenda for meetings.
- Manage organization, storage, and retrieval of all Physical Plant information pertaining to daily business operations and campus projects. Maintain files for audit.
- Manages Key inventory
- Liaison between campus employees and vendors
- Work closely with Event Coordinator on event logistics
- Receives, unpacks and examines goods shipped to establish and verify completeness of shipments against bills of lading, invoices and other records.
- Keeps records of goods received.
- Packs and ships materials and keeps records of shipping.
- Stamps or glues identifying information and shipping instructions on s.
- Drives motor vehicle to pick up supplies and other items, delivers mail requiring special handling.
- Keeps inventory of school property including their locations, condition, and department responsible for the property.
- Keeps records and makes reports.
- After hours work may be required
- Performs other work as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Two (2) years experience in inventory control, mail services, and/or maintenance; to include
- Possession of a valid Tennessee operator license.
- Knowledge of receiving and delivering supplies, materials and equipment.
- Knowledge of modern inventory methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of business arithmetic.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Ability to receive, inspect, verify, and distribute merchandise on a prompt basis.
- Ability to drive light motor vehicle in performance of duties.
- Ability to process shipping related forms on an accurate and timely basis.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions.
- Ability to keep records and make operational reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with the others.
Cleveland State Community College in Cleveland, TN is the primary workplace. Travel is required to
Cleveland State offers a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to the
Insurance: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability (long and short term), FSA/HSA Wellness Incentive Program (if enrolled in health)
Educational Assistance: Fee Waiver, Spouse/Dependent Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement Employee Assistance Program Longevity Pay
Retirement Options: State of TN Pension (TCRS), 401a, 401k with $50 match, 403b, and 457
13 Paid Holidays/Year
Sick and Annual Leave
Sick Leave Bank
State Employee Discount Program with over 900 merchants
The College:Â Cleveland State Community College is a fully-accredited public comprehensive community college committed to quality education and open access. The college operates within the governance ofÂ the Tennessee Board of Regents and approved by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission.Â CSCC celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2017. Its mission focuses upon responsive delivery of the highestÂ quality education and training at the lowest possible cost in support of workforce development, liberalÂ arts transfer and cultural enrichment for the people of Bradley, McMinn, Meigs, Monroe and Polk
The college enrolls more than 3,000 credit students and 1,500 non-credit students in a typical fallÂ semester. The credit student population is split about evenly in the choice of transfer or career-technicalÂ programs. The average age of all students is 28 years. All persons are welcome at Cleveland State, and
the student population is nonracially identifiable.
There are over 200 employees at the college, including more than 75 full-time faculty members. Ninety-one percent of the faculty hold master's or doctor's degrees.
Situated in the scenic corridor of hills and valleys of southeast Tennessee, Cleveland State presents an attractive atmosphere in which to enjoy varied facets of an educational experience. The communityÂ offers an abundance of service facilities and recreational opportunities. The college is located between
Exits 25 and 27 on Interstate 75, thirty miles northeast of Chattanooga.
The 105-acre campus has 11 major buildings housing modern classrooms, laboratories and studentÂ activity centers. Additional features include an excellent library, a multimedia production studio,Â dynamic classrooms, computer laboratories, a 400-seat theatre, a 3,000-seat gymnasium, athletic fields,
a small business development center, a workforce readiness center, and a full-service student centerÂ with cafeteria, bookstore and student lounge areas. In addition, the college recently opened the newÂ state-of-the-art Health and Science Center, the first new academic building for the college in over 46
The college also maintains off-site locations to serve students in the northern service area. The college offers a wide selection of credit and non-credit courses at the new McMinn Higher Education Center inÂ Athens and at the Monroe County Center in Vonore. In addition, many college support services are
available at these sites, as well.Â
For more information on Cleveland State Community College, visit the website at
The required online application can be found at: https://careers.tbr.edu.
Applications can be assured full consideration if submitted by January 11, 2023.
Human Resources Office
Cleveland State Community College
Telephone: 423-478-6203; FAX: 423-478-6257
Cleveland State Community College does not discriminate against students, employees, or applicants for admission or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, nationalÂ origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as aÂ protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect to allÂ employment, programs and activities sponsored by Cleveland State CommunityÂ College. Cleveland State Community College's policy on nondiscrimination can be foundÂ at: http://www2.clevelandstatecc.edu/about/policy-manual/policy-7-01-00-00
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*