132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 32 New Jobs Today.
Information Technology Faculty 9-Month
- Teach a course load appropriate for assigned field or discipline.
- Work a 35-hour workweek, which includes eight student office hours per week.
- Teaching loads may include online, high school, blended or traditional delivery methods.
- Provide equitable course content and student learning outcomes in all courses regardless of location or delivery method.
- Develop course syllabi according to NCCCS (North Carolina Community College System) course descriptions and College standards and adhere to course syllabus.
- Develop course content in accordance with NCCCS (North Carolina Community College System) course descriptions and College standards.
- Complete end-of-course assessments, formative (on-going) assessments and incorporate adjustments with teaching methods in order to meet learning outcomes.
- Maintain accurate records of student progress and submit final grade rosters to academic programs each semester according to established deadlines.
- Respond in a timely fashion to information requests from colleagues, divisions, the College and all academic program needs.
- Be available to students via email, phone, or personal conferences. The method of contact and hours of availability should be clearly communicated to supervisors and to students through the course syllabus each semester.
- Promote completion of end-of-course student evaluations.
- Allow and encourage participation in other College-required surveys (e.g. CCSSE: Community College Student Survey of Engagement).
- Maintain proficiency with all classroom equipment both on and off campus. Keep equipment secure.
- Provide a safe, positive, and clean learning environment.
- Participate in student recruitment, advisement, advisory committee meetings, curriculum development, and registration.
- Assist with job placement or possible study assignments, depending upon department need.
- Participate in all graduation ceremonies.
- Participate in required meetings and events.
- Participate in professional development activities and College-required training.
- Participate in the marketing, recruitment and retention of students, faculty and staff.
- Participate in SkillsUSA competitions relevant to the respective program.
- Record professional development as part of the annual review.
- Establish and cultivate effective relationships with community agencies, employers, and educational partners.
- Remain current on teaching methods with technology and enhance instructional delivery and learning outcomes.
- Demonstrate proficiency of the College Learning Management System to deliver online instruction and enhance on campus and off campus instruction through all courses.
- Make all courses taught accessible to all students.
- Assist with the Collegeâ€™s library collection development by selecting, evaluating, and weeding learning resources in each appropriate discipline as requested.
- Communicate effectively and work cooperatively with others in a collegial environment.
- Faculty will also be responsible for recruiting and advising students and collaborating with 4 year educational partners to ensure transferability of courses.
- Perform other duties as assigned and related assignments incident to the work described herein.
- Adherence to the Collegeâ€™s Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Masterâ€™s degree in Information Technology or related program from a regionally accredited university.
- Industry certifications preferred (Security+, CISSP, CySA+, etc.)
- Training and/or teaching experience in a community college or university setting preferred.
- Skilled in the use of computers and a Learning Management System, preferably Blackboard, and commitment to the use of technology in instruction.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work effectively and collegially with others.
- Skilled in the use of computers and commitment to use of technology.
- Experience with current version of MS Office or similar programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Provide exceptional customer service with people internal and external to the institution.
- Familiarity with and appreciation for the mission of a comprehensive community college.
- Effectiveness in the following College organizational competencies:
- Translating College purpose, values, and vision into organizational action
- Collaborating and facilitating
- Creating and innovating
- Anticipating and responding to change
- Providing vision and leadership
- Flexible and adapts to change.
- Ability to multi-task with multiple departments and activities of others.
Based on experience. Salary range $45,397 to $66,213.
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*