132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 70 New Jobs Today.
Dean of Health Programs
Full Job Description
Â Dean of Health Programs
PREVIOUSÂ APPLICANTSÂ NEEDÂ NOTÂ APPLY
Virginia Highlands Community College serves our community by providing quality and affordable education, training, and cultural activities through an array of flexible, diverse programs that enable community members to succeed today and in the future.
The faculty, staff, and stakeholders of Virginia Highlands Community College (VHCC) enjoy the privilege of serving the citizens of the commonwealth who reside in Washington County, western Smyth County, and the city of Bristol, VA. One of 23 institutions in the Virginia Community College System (VCCS), VHCC is a beacon for educational opportunities, in view of Mt. Rogers and Whitetop Mountain at Exit 14 on Interstate 81 in Abingdon, VA. With a robust 54-year heritage, VHCC serves students in the service region through a Workforce Development Division, a Professional and Technical Studies Division, an Arts and Sciences Division, and a Nursing Division. VHCC awards credentials and continuing education courses as well as Associate of Applied Science degrees, Associate of Arts and Sciences degrees, certificates, and career studies certificates.
In light of these distinctive qualities, VHCC is seeking a full-time Dean of Health Programs to provide leadership and direction to meet the high health care employment demands of the Collegeâ€™s serve region. The dean will supervise the following programs: Emergency Medical Technology, Medical Assistant, Nurse Aide, Nursing (RN) Practical Nursing, and Radiography. The Dean reports directly to the Vice President of Instruction and Student Services.
- Provide professional leadership and supervision to faculty and other personnel within the division.
- Manage and promote all functions leading to the planning, promotion, development, implementation, assessment and ongoing delivery of health care programs.
- Coordinate with Student Services to implement the application processes for health programs.
- Manage student issues, complaints and dismissals from health care programs.
- Recruit, select, evaluate and supervise personnel.
- Prepare semester and annual workload reports to ensure faculty compensation is appropriate.
- Develop and maintain cooperative agreements and partnerships with health care agencies.
- Maintain current and pursue new clinical affiliation agreements.
- Represent the College at state and national meetings including Virginia Community College System (VCCS) leadership activities.
- Direct the preparation of reports for specialized accreditation agencies, including collection and evaluation of data for program evaluation and improvement.
- Prepare budget estimates for personnel, supplies, and equipment for the Division programs, in accordance with the standardized budget preparation procedures.
- Fulfill other functions as designated by the VHCC Vice President of Instruction and Student Services.
- Maintain program accreditation and approvals.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with students, faculty, staff and other stakeholders important to the college.
May be required to perform other duties as assigned. May be required to assist the agency or state government generally in the event of an emergency declaration by the Governor.
- Masterâ€™s degree in a discipline related to the Division of Health Programs or Masterâ€™s degree and 18 graduate hours in a discipline relevant to the division.
- Evidence of quality teaching in a community college setting.
- Work experience in a field related to programs in the division.
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability with sound judgement within appropriate Academic Affairs and College policy parameters and accreditation standards.
- Proficient in oral and written communication in the English language.
- High level of discretion, ability to maintain high level of confidentiality, and work with restricted access data or information.
- Demonstrated knowledge of community college curricula, evidence-based instructional practices, and program evaluation.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize administrative and instructional applications of information technology.
- Demonstrated skill in managing budget, equipment, and other institutional resources.
- Demonstrated understanding of and belief in the comprehensive mission of community colleges.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience work with health program accreditation requirements and regulations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, faculty & staff and other stakeholders important to the college.
- A letter of interest addressing qualifications for position, view of the community college administrator role and professional aspirations
- Completed Commonwealth of Virginia employment application online through theÂ VCCSÂ Career Portal atÂ https://jobs.vccs.edu/postings/50995
- Names of three professional references with current addresses and telephone numbers
- Complete and legible set of unofficial transcripts
Applications willÂ ONLYÂ be accepted online through the Recruitment Management System.Â Resume, letter of interest, references and copies of ALL college transcripts must be attached to online application. Transcripts should be combined into one document and uploaded as one file. If you are having difficulty attaching documents, please call Human Resources at 276-739-2425. If the file size of the attached documents is too large, the system will not allow you to upload the documents. You will need to reduce the file size or reduce the resolution. It is the applicantâ€™s sole responsibility to ensure that all required documentation is received. It is the applicantâ€™s sole responsibility to ensure that all required documentation is received. Incomplete on-line applications or other materials submitted via e-mail, postal mail, fax or in-person will not be considered. Persons with disabilities requiring assistance should contact 276-739-2425.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position,
Documents verifying identity and eligibility to work in the United States must be presented upon hire.
The selected candidateâ€™s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of education, credit checks (relevant to employment). Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealthâ€™s Statement of Economic Interest.
The Virginia Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disabilities, political affiliation, veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors.
The VCCS is an EOE and Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Acts (ADA and ADAAA), VCCS will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation to applicants in need of access to the application, interviewing and selection processes.
VCCS uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*