Post Doctoral Fellow
Post Doctoral Fellow - (STA011556)
: H0114 Community Optometry
Possesses, understands, and applies a comprehensive knowledge in area of specialization. Develops understanding and skills to allow for completion of assignments that cross fields of specialization. Develops leadership and management skills.
- Receives/Reviews progress and evaluates results of experiments or projects under control or supervisory responsibility.
- Recommends changes in research, testing or experimental procedures.
- May be responsible for a single highly technical and complex piece of research equipment.
- May review and evaluate the effectiveness of personnel.
- May plan for and assign personnel to projects under control.
- Operates with latitude for unreviewed action.
- May receive general supervision conferring with higher levels only in unusual situations.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow – Zebrafish electrical synapses
The O'Brien lab is recruiting a motivated scientist for a postdoctoral research position funded by the NIH BRAIN Initiative. The work entails developing tools to study the diversity and functional regulation of connexins forming electrical synapses and validation of these tools in retinal circuits. The successful applicant will join an interdisciplinary research team employing modern molecular and genetic techniques and developing unique animal models. The University of Houston hosts a vibrant and growing research community with outstanding core facilities. The rich intellectual environment is supplemented by additional career development and training opportunities for post-docs.
Candidates should have a recent Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D. degree, a published record of research productivity, and an ability to design and troubleshoot experiments. Strong molecular biology skills are required; experience with zebrafish is preferred. Competitive salary and benefits are provided. Please send CV, a cover letter describing research accomplishments and interests, and names and contact information of two to three scientists who are familiar with your research to:
John O'Brien, Ph.D.
Department of Vision Science
The University of Houston College of Optometry
4401 Martin Luther King Boulevard, JDA 2195
Houston, TX 77204
Doctoral and No experience
Requires singular knowledge of a specialized advanced professional discipline or the highest level of general business knowledge, normally acquired through attainment of a directly job-related terminal degree or equivalent formal training in a recognized field of specialization that is directly related to the type of work being performed.No experience is required.
Salary: 3,223.00 - 4,834.00
Required Attachments by Candidate: Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter/Letter of Application
: Jan 12, 2023, 10:01:29 AM
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*