This job has Expired
Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) Faculty - Full-Time, 9-month
West Virginia Northern is seeking applicants for a full-time, nine (9) month renewable appointment Faculty for the Licensed Practical Nurse Program for the 2023-2024 Academic year (classes start August 2023).
This is an on-campus position based on the New Martinsville campus, with duties college wide (Wheeling, New Martinsville, and Weirton campuses).
Salary / Benefits: Salary will be based on the current faculty salary scale. Full benefits package which includes but is not limited to retirement with employer matching, health insurance, life insurance, social security, and Northern tuition waivers.
If you claim post high-school education, license or special training, you MUST attach or provide by mail a legible copy of your educational transcript, license or training record.
No application will be considered until said documents are received.
Upon hire, you MUST provide an official transcript within 30 days of hire date.
Position posting will remain active until position is filled.
Internal Job Posting Information
Faculty - 9 month
Renewable Term Appointment
Under the supervision of the Program Director and the Division Chair, and the direction of the Provost and the President of the College, faculty perform the following duties for their respective programs or disciplines, and the College:
- Follow the rules and regulations of the College.
- Develop a syllabus using the approved syllabus template for each course taught.
- Submit each syllabus electronically following college procedure to the appropriate email address by the first day of class.
- Maintain a workload of 30 load hours or 600 (Health Sciences) contact hours during day and/or evening per academic year. The Division Chair and/or Provost may make adjustments as necessary.
- Meet classes and provide instruction for classes as scheduled.
- Assessment of course learning and student learning outcomes as determined by the Lead Faculty and program director.
- Collaborate on collecting, reporting, and analyzing assessment data.
- Notify Program Director and the Division Chair of the intent to travel on college business well in advance of the date of the expected absence. Complete the Absence Form. Submit your completed Absence Form to your Division Chair.
- Notify the Division Secretary of unexpected absence(s) so appropriate arrangements can be made for your class(es). Submit your completed Absence Form upon return to your Division Chair.
- Maintain a minimum of five (5) office hours per week including on campus hours as approved by the division chair. During the first week faculty return in the fall and spring semester AND the first two weeks of registration fall and spring, maintain ten (10) office hours during the week for advising. The Faculty
- Teaching and Office Schedule Form must be posted on the office door and submitted to the appropriate division chair within the first week of classes.
- Report first week attendance and final grades at the end of the term via NOW and within established deadlines.
- Advise students in respective program(s) which may include:
- academic counseling
- aid in scheduling courses withdrawal/retention counseling career guidance and preparation.
- Participate in commencement ceremonies.
- Assist the Program Director and/or Division Chair with preparation of the program review, annual report, part-time faculty evaluations, self-study reports for accreditation, course and program assessment reports, and other reports and projects associated with the program.
- Assist the Program Director and/or Division Chair in the maintenance of equipment and in the recommendations for the purchase of equipment.
- Assist the Program Director and/or Division Chair in preparing semester schedules. Assist in the selection of textbook(s) for courses taught. Work effectively with other faculty and the division chair in the selection of textbook(s) or developing Open Educational Resources (OER's) for courses taught
- Assist the Program Director and/or Division Chair in proposals and development of new courses, programs, and certificates.
- Assist the Program Director and/or Division Chair in student recruitment at high schools, college fairs, as well as business, industry, and agencies related to the program/major or discipline.
- Participate in service and/or advising during periods designed for pre-registration, registration, new student orientation and other special College events.
- Assist in the evaluation and supervision of students serving as lab assistants and in other Work-Study capacities as applicable.
- Review portfolios for the Board of Governors Degree and other programs related to assessment of experiential learning.
- Participate in institutional activities such as College-wide events, college standing committees, ad hoc committees, internal and external marketing and promotional activities, and public service activities.
- Attend Faculty Assembly meetings, academic division meetings, advisory committee meetings, and other faculty related events as identified by the administration. Participate in professional development activities and professional organizations. Integrate writing, technology, computer applications, and oral presentation requirements into assigned courses where applicable.
- Work with the workforce development and/or campus managers, as appropriate, to provide credit or non-credit courses, seminars, workshops, etc.
- Assume a positive and active role as a representative of Northern, including support of institutional goals and initiatives.
- Generally display a positive attitude and is cooperative with students, staff, other faculty, and administrators Communicate effectively and respond to students, staff, other faculty, and administrators in a timely manner.
Associate’s Degree in Nursing or related field, minimum
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (or willingness to enroll in degree-seeking program upon hire), preferred.
- Current and valid West Virginia Registered Nursing License (upon hire)
- Experience as a registered professional nurse within the 3 years immediately preceding employment as a faculty member;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a registered professional nurse which should include:
- 2 years of patient side nursing care experience in an acute, intermediate OR long-term care clinical facility; AND
- Must be familiar with current professional industry regulatory standards and safety protocols.
- Ability to work as an effective team member
- Interpersonal skills including tact, patience and diplomacy.
- Evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of students, faculty and staff
Members of the full-time teaching faculty have three primary areas of responsibility:
- academic advising / professional development
- institutional and community service
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*