Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Pre/Post Award Grant Management:
- Oversee and assist with the organization and collection of all components of grant applications including the preparation and development of grant budgets and budget justifications, preparing proposal packages in consultation with Principal Investigator(s) and in accordance with internal college routing requirements and agency-specific guidelines.
- Review/update biosketches, other support, resource & facilities, equipment forms and assist faculty with overall formatting of proposal for submission to agency.
- Attend meetings, teleconference & video conferences with PI(s) when needed in regard to current or planned grants.
- Assist PIs with preparing and submitting requests for grant extensions, carry-forwards, and personnel or budget modifications.
- Serve as liaison with other Einstein PI’s and their administrators on multi-PI grants to ensure successful grant submission and management.
- Work with Research Finance on setup and execution of all sub-contracts.
- Assist junior faculty and non-faculty trainees on fellowship award preparation and submission.
- Assist PIs as needed in monitoring expenditures of awarded grant funds and contracts, and generate monthly financial reports to present to PI.
- Review and approval of invoices from sub-contractors to ensure policy and budget compliance.
- Work with administrators and PI’s in consortium arrangements on any issues that arise including yearly progress report submissions, budget and personnel issues.
- Advise PIs on appropriateness of expenditures under grant contract terms and conditions, and relevant federal regulations.
- Facilitate financial reporting requirements, including completion of progress report forms to ensure they are in accordance with sponsor and the medical college guidelines.
- Assure proper grant close out at termination of projects and make any necessary budgetary corrections for reporting to funding agencies.
- Review, approve, and process payroll transactions, and non-personnel research expenditures.
- Assist in preparing trainee tables for training grants.
- General administrative support for junior faculty, postdoctoral fellows, research technicians, trainees, and students associated with PIs laboratories.
- Serve as liaison to Graduate and Medical education offices on student related issues that may arise.
- Reporting of laboratory accidents or protocol violations to appropriate Einstein department ensuring that staff abides by college policy and procedures.
- Works with Human Resources/Academic Appointment in all recruitment efforts including posting new positions, processing new hire paperwork, performance evaluations, processing promotions, terminations, employee relations and development.
- Preparation and processing of all visa related documents with International Students and Scholars office, terminations, change of status in titles or employment.
- Work with Belfer Postdoctoral Institute/Housing department on any all personnel/visitor related issues involving housing.
- Process all EPAFS (change of labor distribution, annual merit increases, terminations, etc). Process all labor redistributions as needed.
- Pre-review of all employee effort reporting, and assist PI with effort certification if needed.
- Bi-weekly/Semi- monthly review and approval of employee timecards via Kronos, work with payroll on any issues that arise.
- Work with PIs to review and approve personnel vacation time and requests for time off.
- Work with Environmental Health and Safety Office and the Animal Institute on all forms which need updates, renewals and or need to be amended.
- Provide departmental head administrator with information needed for completion of annual budget, including information on research funding and expenditures of grant funds within PI(s) portfolio.
- Assists in annual lab and office space survey.
- Attend central administration meetings to keep abreast of current college policies and procedures as well as appropriate conferences and meetings.
- Assist in coordination of lab events, including arrangements for seminars, guests and social events.
- Assist in yearly reviews for personnel by PIs which include performance evaluations and salary increases.
Bachelor's Degree preferably in Business/Finance and 3-5 years of related experience is required. Skills and Competencies Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel. Familiarity with basic principles of accounting. Ability to pay attention to detail and to multi-task. Management/supervisory skills to work with non-exempt and exempt staff and help them reach their maximum productivity.
The Administrator provides a range of administrative services for faculty members of the Department of Microbiology & Immunology located on the 5th floor of the Price Center (currently Drs. William R. Jacobs , Felipe Diaz-Griffero and Gregoire Lauvau).
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*