Outreach and Retention Coordinator
Updated: Jan 13, 2023
Department: Grad Div Operations
Job Opening ID: 47946
Reports To: Director of Academic Initiatives
Working Title: Outreach and Retention Coordinator
Department: Grad Div Operations
Bargaining Unit: 99
Payroll Job Code: 004575
Job Location: UCI Campus- Irvine
Percent of Time: 100%
Work Schedule: M-F, 8-5
Employee Class: Career
UCI Graduate Division provides leadership on all graduate education matters. We work with all academic units on campus to ensure that scholars from all over the world can learn, teach, and conduct the highest caliber research while pursuing graduate or postdoctoral training. We promote academic integrity and greater understanding by supplying information, guidance, and support to the campus community and beyond. Our aim is to enhance the educational experience by engaging and leading on all matters related to graduate student life: academic progress and advocacy, fellowships, funding and financial support, diversity, employment, and professional development. The Graduate Division coordinates with other Graduate Divisions across the UC system to ensure high quality educational experiences and promotion of graduate education system and state-wide.
Using skills as a seasoned, experienced student services professional, this position coordinates two important graduate retention programs, Diverse Educational Community and Doctoral Experience (DECADE), which is an institutionalized program, and Competitive Edge (CE). Independently advises students and resolves student services- and academic-related issues and points them to the appropriate resources. Provides resources and support to students in need. Administers funds for student programs such as coordinating and managing the Faculty Mentor Program (FMP), President's Dissertation Year (PDY), and Graduate Dean's Dissertation fellowships. This position mainly supports our domestic student population and is knowledgeable in inclusion and diversity in higher education, fellowships, and Graduate Division databases. Meets regularly with DECADE and CE current and past participants, and PDY and FMP fellows.Advises faculty and management on a variety of student issues. Works with the department's / school's / college's management to recommend changes to policies, practices, and procedures including the development and implementation of long-range plans for effective outreach to prospective students and recruitment of new graduate students to participate in DECADE and CE.
In addition to the salary range listed below, we offer a wealth of benefits to make working at UCI even more rewarding. These benefits may include medical insurance, sick and vacation time, retirement savings plans, and access to a number of discounts and perks. Please utilize the links listed here to learn more about our compensation practices and benefits .
$53,400.00 - $94,000.00 (annual)
- 3 - 5 Years experience
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills. Knowledge and experience using a personal computer with MS Office Suite. Ability in problem identification and reasoning; ability to develop original ideas to solve problems.
- Working knowledge of advising and counseling techniques. Strong Interpersonal skills to work effectively with a broad range of people including faculty, staff, students, and management Multicultural competencies; ability to work with diverse populations.
- Ability to complete time sensitive work assignments with multiple deadlines in an environment with frequent interruptions Skills in judgment and decision-making, problem solving, identifying measures of system performance and the actions to improve performance.
- Knowledge of University-specific computer application programs and knowledge of University and departmental principles and procedures involved in risk assessment and evaluating risks as to likelihood and consequences.
- Ability in problem identification and reasoning; ability to develop original ideas to solve problems.
- Knowledge of University on-line accounting system KFS Experience with and knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices; skill in processing and preparing accounting forms such as invoices, purchase orders, supply requisitions, check requests and travel expense vouchers. Interpersonal skills.
Conditions of Employment:
The University of California, Irvine (UCI) seeks to provide a safe and healthy environment for the entire UCI community. As part of this commitment, all applicants who accept an offer of employment must comply with the following conditions of employment:
Background Check and Live Scan
Legal Right to work in the United States
Smoking and Tobacco Policy
Drug Free Environment
The following additional conditions may apply, some of which are dependent upon business unit or job specific requirements.
California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act
Pre-Placement Health Evaluation
Details of each policy may be reviewed by visiting the following page - https://hr.uci.edu/new-hire/conditions-of-employment.php
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy .
We are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce along with honoring unique experiences, perspectives, and identities. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable, and welcoming.
UCI provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities upon request. For more information, please contact Human Resources at (949) 824-0500 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Share: mail +1 on Google Tweet Share on Facebook Share on LinkedIn
Apply for this Job
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*